- Kilar, Cody R., YanPeng Diao, Larysa Sautina, Sivakumar Sekharan, Shahar Keinan, Bianca Carpino, Kirk P. Conrad, Rajesh Mohandas, and Mark S. Segal. "Activation of the β‐common receptor by erythropoietin impairs acetylcholine‐mediated vasodilation in mouse mesenteric arterioles." Physiological reports 6, no. 12 (2018): e13751.
- Kilar, Cody R., Sivakumar Sekharan, Larysa Sautina, YanPeng Diao, Shahar Keinan, Yong Shen, Jorg Bungert, Rajesh Mohandas, and Mark S. Segal. "Computational design and experimental characterization of a novel β-common receptor inhibitory peptide." Peptides 104 (2018): 1-6.
- Ghosh, Payal, Brad J. Behnke, John N. Stabley, Cody R. Kilar, Yoonjung Park, Anand Narayanan, Joshua S. Alwood et al. "Effects of High-LET Radiation Exposure and Hindlimb Unloading on Skeletal Muscle Resistance Artery Vasomotor Properties and Cancellous Bone Microarchitecture in Mice." Radiation research (2016).
- Hanna, Mina A., Curtis R. Taylor, Bei Chen, Hae-Sun La, Joshua J. Maraj, Cody R. Kilar, Bradley J. Behnke, Michael D. Delp, and Judy M. Muller-Delp. "Structural remodeling of coronary resistance arteries: effects of age and exercise training." Journal of applied physiology 117, no. 6 (2014): 616-623.
About Cody Kilar
Dr. Cody Kilar is a PGY-2 resident in Radiation Oncology at West Virginia University. Dr. Kilar is originally from Hubbard, Ohio. He completed his undergraduate studies at Walsh University in North Canton, Ohio. After completing his undergraduate degree, he attended the University of Florida, where he obtained his Ph.D. in 2017. He received his DO at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2021.
Professional Societies/Committee Membership:
2021-present: American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology
2022-present: Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
2022-present: American College of Radiation Oncology
December 2015 Southern Salt Water and Kidney Club Invited Oral Presentation
December 2016 Southern Salt Water and Kidney Club Invited Oral Presentation
October 2017 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Research Day
- Kilar, Cody R., YanPeng Diao, Larysa Sautina, Rajesh Mohandas, Kirk P. Conrad, and Mark S. Segal. "Defining the Mechanism of Erythropoietin’s Vasoactive Properties in Resistance Arteries." The FASEB Journal 30, no. 1 Supplement (2016): lb773-lb773.
- Kilar, Cody, Rafael Reyes, Lori Kang, Amanda LeBlanc, Casey McCroskey, Robert Bryan, and Judy Muller-Delp. "Endothelium-dependent vasodilation in cerebral resistance arteries: effects of age and estrogen status (680.8)." The FASEB Journal 28, no. 1 Supplement (2014): 680-8.
- Ghosh, Payal, John Stabley, Cody Kilar, Bradley Behnke, Joshua Alwood, Yasaman Shirazi, Ruth Globus, and Michael Delp. "Effects of hindlimb unloading and radiation on vasodilator responses in skeletal muscle arteries (1106.18)." The FASEB Journal 28, no. 1 Supplement (2014): 1106-18.
- Hanna, Mina, Curtis Taylor, Bei Chen, Hae-Sun La, Joshua Maraj, Cody Kilar, Bradley Behnke, Michael Delp, and Judy Muller-Delp. "Structural remodeling of coronary resistance arteries: effects of age and exercise training (1079.24)." The FASEB Journal 28, no. 1 Supplement (2014): 1079-24.
- Kilar, Cody Robert, Jack Anthony Dawson, Rolando JJ Ramirez, and Jacqueline Novak. "Cerebral artery distensibility is decreased in a rodent model of postmenopausal physiology, the aged SHR." The FASEB Journal27, no. 1_MeetingAbstracts (2013): 1186-3.
- Dawson, Jack, Cody Kilar, Jacqueline Novak, and Rolando JJ Ramirez. "Effects of Reduced Uterine Perfusion Pressure on Cerebral Artery Tone in Pregnant Rats." The FASEB Journal 27, no. 1_MeetingAbstracts (2013): 1186-1.