About Sabina Nduaguba
Dr. Sabina Nduaguba is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy at West Virginia University. Dr. Nduaguba holds a joint faculty position with the WVU Cancer Institute.
- PhD, University of Texas at Austin
About Sabina Nduaguba
Dr. Sabina Nduaguba is an Assistant Professor in Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy at West Virginia University School of Pharmacy. She obtained her master’s and doctoral degrees in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Health Outcomes) at the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to joining the Department, Dr Nduaguba completed a postdoctoral fellowship at University of Florida on the application of advanced epidemiologic methods in research design and real-world evidence generation. Dr Nduaguba’s research focuses on 1) cancer prevention and control through smoking cessation; 2) health disparities among people with cancer related to healthcare access along the cancer care continuum; and 3) the application of genetically-informed pharmacological treatment to improve health outcomes. Dr. Nduaguba holds a joint faculty position with the Cancer Institute.
- GBD 2019 HIV Collaborators. (includes S. Nduaguba). Global, regional, and national sex-specific burden and control of the HIV epidemic, 1990-2019, for 204 countries and territories: the Global Burden of Diseases Study 2019. Lancet HIV. October 2021, vol. 8, Issue 10, p. e633-e651
- Okoro RN, Nduaguba S, Oheiku J. Community Pharmacists on the frontline in Chronic Disease Management: The Need for Primary Healthcare Policy Reforms in Low- and Middle- Income Countries. Exploratory Research in Clinical and Social Pharmacy. June 2021
- GBD 2019 Chewing Tobacco Collaborators. (includes S. Nduaguba). Spatial, Temporal, and Demographic Patterns in Chewing Tobacco Prevalence: A Systematic Analysis of 204 Countries and Territories from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. Lancet Public Health. July 2021, vol. 6, Issue 7, p. e482-e499
- GBD 2019 Tobacco Collaborators. (includes S. Nduaguba). Spatial, temporal, and demographic patterns in prevalence of smoking tobacco use and attributable disease burden in 204 countries and territories, 1990-2019: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. Lancet. June 2021, vol. 397, Issue 10292, p. 2337-2360
- Okafor CE, Ekwunife OI, Nduaguba SO. Promoting the integrated community case management of pneumonia in children under 5 years in Nigeria through the proprietary and patent medicine vendors: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Cost-Effectiveness and Resource Allocation. February 2021. Vol. 19, Issue 1, Article 12
- Nduaguba SO, Okoh C, Barner JC, Ford KH, Wilson JP, Lawson KA, Barnes JN, Wilson JP, Beretvas T; Efavirenz versus Protease Inhibitors in Patients with Human Immunodeficiency Virus – A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. AIDS Reviews. March 2021, vol. 23, Issue 2, p. 103-114
- Nduaguba SO, Barner JC, Makhinova T, Roberson; Medication Therapy Management for Texas Medicaid patients with Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – A Pilot Study. Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Nduaguba SO, Ford KH, Wilson J, Lawson K, Cook RL; Identifying Subgroups within At-Risk Populations That Drive Late HIV Diagnosis in a Southern U.S. State. International Journal of STDs and AIDS. 2021, Vol. 32, Issue 2, p. 162-169
- Nduaguba SO, Ford KH, Wilson JP, Lawson KA; Gender and ethnic differences in rates of immune reconstitution, AIDS Diagnosis and Survival. AIDS Care. March 2021. Vol. 33, Issue 3, p. 285-289
- Evoy KE, Ford KC, Nduaguba S ,Taylor AN, Thomas L; A Pilot Study Assessing the Addition of a Quit and Win Program to Pharmacist-Led Intensive Smoking Cessation Therapy in a Predominantly Underserved, Minority Population. Tobacco Prevention and Cessation. November 2019, Volume 5
- Nduaguba SO, Barner JC, Ford KH, Lawson KA, Barnes JN, Wilson JP; Association between Quality of Care Indicators for HIV Infection and Healthcare Resource Utilization and Costs. AIDS. February 2020. Vol. 34, Issue 2, p. 291-300
- Oloidi A, Nduaguba S, Obamiro K; Assessment of Quality and Readability of Health Information on Angiotensin Receptor Blockers Websites. Pan African Medical Journal. March 2020. Vol. 35, Article 70
- Nduaguba SO, Ford KH, Wilson J, Lawson K; Trends in Racial/Ethnic Disparities among Patients Living with HIV in Texas, 1996 to 2013. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. October 2018. Vol. 5, Issue 5, p.1023-1032
- Nduaguba S, Ford K, Bamgbade B, Iwuorie O; Comparison of Pharmacy Students’ Self-Efficacy to Address Cessation Counseling Needs for Traditional and Electronic Cigarette Use. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. July 2018. Vol. 10, Issue 7, p. 955-963
- Ogunsanya M, Nduaguba S, Brown C; Incremental Health Care Services and Expenditures Associated with Depression among Individuals with Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus. Lupus. June 2018. Vol. 27, Issue 7, p. 1107-1115
- Nduaguba SO, Ford KH, Rascati K, Brown B; The Role of Physical Activity in the Association between Smoking Status and Quality of Life. Nicotine and Tobacco Research. July 2019. Vol. 21, Issue 8, p. 1065-1071
- Nduaguba SO, Soremekun RO, Olugbake OA, Barner JC. The relationship between patient-related GBD factors and medication adherence among Nigerian patients taking highly active anti-retroviral therapy. African Health Sciences. 2017, Vol 15, Issue 3, p. 738-745.
- Nduaguba S, Ford K, Bamgbade B, Iwuorie O; Comparison of Pharmacy Students’ Knowledge and Self-Efficacy to Provide Cessation Counseling for Hookah and Cigarette Use. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. January-February 2017. Vol. 1, Issue 9, p. 37-42.