About Rebecca Norcini
I was born and raised in Houston, TX. I attending Southwestern University, where I double majored in Biology and English. I met my husband in medical school and we have one dog.
- MD, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- BS, Southwestern University, 2015
About Rebecca Norcini
I was born and raised in Houston, TX. I attended Southwestern University, where I double-majored in Biology and English. I met my husband in medical school and we have one dog.
What attracted you to WVU Residency?
I applied to WVU because it combined the strengths of a strong academic program with a smaller city vibe. West Virginia is a beautiful state to call home.
What makes our program unique?
The resident and faculty cohort are extremely personable, with a good blend of surgical sub-specialties and emphasis on early operative experience.
What do you like about living in Morgantown?
I like living in Morgantown because the commute to downtown and to hiking trails is almost identical from my house.
- 2014 Slaymaker-Kinsey Award
- Knoxville Academy of Medicine, UTMB Surgical Society, Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Delta Kappa, Alpha Chi, Alpha Epsilon Delta, Beta Beta Beta
- Norcini, R.C., Rothenberg, P.E., Perone, J.A., Brown, K.M./ Presenters: Norcini, R.C & Rothenberg, P.E.. (June, 2016). Who Made the Cut: Faculty and Resident Perspectives in the Operating Room. Poster presented at: Medical Student Summer Research; Program Galveston, TX, USA.
- Norcini, R., Nemir, S., & Phillips L./ Presenter: Norcini, R.. (September, 2018). Etiology of Bacteremia in Patients with Pressure Ulcers. Poster presented at: Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Conference; San Antonio, TX, USA.
- Brown, K.M., Perone, J.A., Mehta, H.B., McClintic, J.A., Norcini, R., Rothenberg, P., Rhodes, J., & Tyler, D.S.. Does the ACGME Resident Case Log Really Reflect Resident Operative Experience?. Academic Surgical Congress. 2017, Jan; Pub Status: Accepted.
- I enjoy playing the guitar, reading, cooking, gardening, restoring furniture, photography, drawing, painting, playing with my dog, and watching films and television.