About Daniel Sprando
Dr. Sprando grew up in Burgettstown and Grove City, PA. He attended Washington & Jefferson College earning a BA degree in cell/molecular biology. He completed his MD degree at WVU and has an interest in CT surgery, particularly adult cardiac surgery.
- MD, West Virginia University, 2019
Dietz MJ, Sprando D, Hanselman AE, Regier MD, Frye BM. Smartphone assessment of knee flexion compared to radiographic standards. Knee. 2017 Mar;24(2):224-230. PubMed PMID: 28179062; NIHMSID: NIHMS849901; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5359022.
Hathaway, Q. A., Pinti, M. V., Roth, S. M., Sprando, D. C., Kunovac, A., Durr, A. J., ... & Aljahli, G. A. (2019). Using Machine Learning to Predict the Development of Diabetes and Potential Biomarkers Linked to Cardiac Risk. The FASEB Journal, 33(1_supplement), 515-16.
- Sprando, D.C., Cook, C.C., Wilson, A., Marone, L., Wei, L.. (May, 2018). Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest for repair of traumatic innominate artery pseudoaneurysm Poster presented at: American College of Surgeons West Virginia Chapter Annual Meeting; White Sulphur Springs, WV, USA.
- Dietz, M.J., Sprando, D., Hanselman, A.E., Regier, M.D., Frye, B.M.. (November, 2014). Dialing in the correct range of motion: smartphone assessment of knee motion compared to radiographic standards Poster presented at: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Annual Meeting; Dallas, TX, USA.
- John E. Jones Award for Academic Excellence (Formerly the Merck Award), WVU School of Medicine, May 2019
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical School Honor Society Member 2018-present
- American College of Surgeons West Virginia Chapter Medical Student Poster Contest 1st Place Winner, May 2018
- Julian E. Bailes Scholarship for Surgery, WVU School of Medicine 2018
Professional Societies/Leadership Positions:
- 2019 - American College of Surgeons, Resident Member
- Former President and Founder of the WVU School of Medicine Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Interest Group
- Fishing, Hunting, Spearfishing, Scuba Diving, Rugby, Snowboarding, weightlifting, running, cooking, paintball, hiking, outdoor adventure, traveling, and whitewater rafting.