About Daniel Sprando
I grew up in Burgettstown and Grove City, Pennsylvania. I attended Washington & Jefferson College earning a BA degree in cell/molecular biology. I completed my MD degree at WVU and have an interest in CT surgery, particularly adult cardiac surgery.
- MD, West Virginia University, 2019
- BA, Washington & Jefferson College, 2014
About Daniel Sprando
I grew up in Burgettstown and Grove City, Pennsylvania. I attended Washington & Jefferson College earning a BA degree in cell/molecular biology. I completed my MD degree at West Virginia University and have an interest in CT surgery, particularly adult cardiac surgery.
- John E. Jones Award for Academic Excellence (Formerly the Merck Award), WVU School of Medicine, May 2019
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical School Honor Society Member 2018-present
- American College of Surgeons West Virginia Chapter Medical Student Poster Contest 1st Place Winner, May 2018
- Julian E. Bailes Scholarship for Surgery, WVU School of Medicine 2018
Professional Societies/Leadership Positions:
- 2019 - American College of Surgeons, Resident Member
- Former President and Founder of the WVU School of Medicine Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Interest Group
Dietz MJ, Sprando D, Hanselman AE, Regier MD, Frye BM. Smartphone assessment of knee flexion compared to radiographic standards. Knee. 2017 Mar;24(2):224-230. PubMed PMID: 28179062; NIHMSID: NIHMS849901; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5359022.
Hathaway, Q. A., Pinti, M. V., Roth, S. M., Sprando, D. C., Kunovac, A., Durr, A. J., ... & Aljahli, G. A. (2019). Using Machine Learning to Predict the Development of Diabetes and Potential Biomarkers Linked to Cardiac Risk. The FASEB Journal, 33(1_supplement), 515-16.
- Sprando, D.C., Cook, C.C., Wilson, A., Marone, L., Wei, L.. (May, 2018). Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest for repair of traumatic innominate artery pseudoaneurysm Poster presented at: American College of Surgeons West Virginia Chapter Annual Meeting; White Sulphur Springs, WV, USA.
- Dietz, M.J., Sprando, D., Hanselman, A.E., Regier, M.D., Frye, B.M.. (November, 2014). Dialing in the correct range of motion: smartphone assessment of knee motion compared to radiographic standards Poster presented at: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Annual Meeting; Dallas, TX, USA.
- Fishing, Hunting, Spearfishing, Scuba Diving, Rugby, Snowboarding, weightlifting, running, cooking, paintball, hiking, outdoor adventure, traveling, and whitewater rafting.