About Charlotte Spear
Dr. Spear is from northwestern Wyoming. Her passions include robotic surgery, medical innovation, and device design. She is committed to inventing and developing techniques to improve patient care in surgery. She hopes to pursue a career in CT surgery.
- MD, Creighton University School of Medicine, 2019
- MSc, Creighton University, 2014
- BA, Hamilton College, 2009
- Spear C, Geraci T, Bizekis C, Zervos M. (2019) Resection of an Ectopic Parathyroid Adenoma via Video-Assisted Mediastinoscopy. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 31(2):323-325.
- Mandan N, Spear C, Bremner R, Hashimi S, Panchabhai T (2018) Coexistent lung adenocarcinoma and non-hodgkin lymphoma. EC Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine. 7 (4): 226-230.
- Bohl M, McBryan S, Spear C, Pais D, Preul M, Wilhelmi B, Yeskel A, Turner J, Kumar U, Nakaji P Evaluation of a Novel Surgical Skills Training Course: Are Cadavers Still the Gold Standard for Surgical Skills Training? (2019) World Neurosurgery. 127: 63-7.
- Lucktong T, Gillespie T, Brochu B, Slotcavage R. Abdominal Wall, Including Hernia. In: Lawrence P, Bell M, Dayton M. Essentials of General Surgery, 6th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; c 2019. Chapter 15:
- Figure 1. Types of Hernias
- Figure 2. Layers of the Anterior Abdominal WallFigure 6. Schematic of the Myopectineal Orifice
- Arthur Laughlin and Esther Johnson Barr Scholarship-2017
- Honors in Biology from Hamilton College- 2009
- Deans List: Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2007, Hamilton College
- Awarded Yourtee Prize for outstanding work in chemistry during 2008 academic year
- 2019-Present, American College of Surgeons Resident Member
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons – Member
- Arizona Chapter of American College of Surgeons – Past President & Founder of Medical Student Committee
- Idea Pipeline Arizona - Creighton University Bioengineering Interest Group- Past President & Founder
- Intuitive Surgical Inc.- Surgical Training Researcher
- Biomedical engineering, medical illustration, mission work, wilderness/military medicine, and the great outdoors.