About James Walton
- PhD, The Ohio State University
- Walton JC, Walker WH 2nd, Bumgarner JR, Meléndez-Fernández OH, Liu JA, Hughes HL, Kaper AL, Nelson RJ. (2021) Circadian variation in efficacy of medications. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 109(6):1457-1488.
- Walker WH 2nd, Kvadas RM, May LE, Liu JA, Bumgarner JR, Walton JC, DeVries AC, Dauchy RT, Blask DE, Nelson RJ. (2021) Artificial light at night reduces anxiety-like behavior in female mice with exacerbated mammary tumor growth. Cancers (Basel). 13(19).
- Meléndez-Fernández OH, Walton JC, DeVries AC, Nelson RJ. (2021) Clocks, rhythms, sex, and hearts: how disrupted circadian rhythms, time-of-day, and sex influence cardiovascular health. Biomolecules. 11(6).
- Liu JA, Walton JC, DeVries AC, Nelson RJ. (2021) Disruptions of circadian rhythms and thrombolytic therapy during ischemic stroke intervention. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 15:675732.
- Walker WH 2nd, Walton JC, Nelson RJ. (2021) Disrupted circadian rhythms and mental health. Handbook of Clinical Neurology. 179:259-270.
- Walker WH 2nd, Bumgarner JR, Walton JC, Liu JA, Meléndez-Fernández OH, Nelson RJ, DeVries AC. (2021) Light pollution and cancer. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 21(24).
- McNeill JK 4th, Walton JC, Ryu V, Albers HE. (2020) The excitatory effects of GABA within the suprachiasmatic nucleus: regulation of Na-K-2Cl cotransporters (NKCCs) by environmental lighting conditions. Journal of Biological Rhythms. 35(3):275-286.
- Bumgarner, JR, Walker, WH 2nd, Liu, JA, Walton, JC, Nelson, RJ. (2020) Dim light at night exposure induces cold hyperalgesia and mechanical allodynia in male mice. Neuroscience. In press.
- Walker, WH 2nd, Walton, JC, DeVries, AC, Nelson, RJ. (2020) Circadian rhythm disruption and mental health. Translational Psychiatry. 23;10(1).
- Borland, JM, Walton, JC, Norvelle, A, Grantham, KN, Aiani, LM, Larkin, TE, McCann, KE, Albers, HE. (2020). Social experience and sex-dependent regulation of aggression in the lateral septum by extrasynaptic δGABAA receptors. Psychopharmacology. 237(2):329-344.
- McNeill IV, JK, Walton, JC, Albers, HE. (2018) Functional significance of the excitatory effects of GABA in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Journal of Biological Rhythms. 33(4):376-387.
- Walton, JC, McNeill IV, JK, Oliver, KA, Albers, HE. (2017) Temporal regulation of GABAA receptor subunit expression: Role in synaptic and extrasynaptic communication in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. eNeuro, 4(2).
- Albers, HE, Walton, JC, Gamble, KL, McNeill IV, JK, Hummer, DL. (2017) The dynamics of GABA signaling: Revelations from the circadian pacemaker in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology, 44:35-82.
- Walton, JC*, Selvakumar, B*, Weil, ZM, Snyder, SH, Nelson, RJ. (2013) Neuronal nitiric oxide synthase and NADPH oxidase interact to affect cognitive, affective, and social behaviors in mice. Behavioural Brain Research, 256:320-327.
- Ashley, NT, Walton, JC, Haim, A, Zhang, N, Prince, LA, Fruchey, AM, Lieberman, RA, Weil, ZM, Nelson, RJ. (2013) Sleep deprivation attenuates endotoxin-induced cytokine gene expression independent of day length and circulating cortisol in photoperiodic rodents. Journal of Experimental Biology. 216:2581-2586.
- Yoon, SO, Park, DJ, Ozer, HG, Ryu, JC, Tep, C, Shin, YJ, Lim, TH, Pastorino, L, Kunwar, AJ, Walton, JC, Nagahara, AH, Lu, KP, Nelson, RJ, Tuszynski, MH, Huang, K. (2012) JNK3 perpetuates metabolic stress induced by Abeta peptides. Neuron. 75(5):824-37.
- Walton, JC, Weil, ZM, Nelson, RJ. (2011) Influence of photoperiod on hormones, behavior, and immune function. Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology. 32(3):303-19.
- Fonken, LK, Workman, JL, Walton, JC, Weil, ZM, Morris, JS, Haim, A, Nelson, RJ. (2010) Light at night increases body mass by shifting the time of food intake. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 107(43):18664-9.
- Norman, GJ, Karelina, K, Zhang, N, Walton, JC, Morris JS, DeVries, AC. (2010) Stress and IL-1beta contribute to the development of depressive-like behavior following peripheral nerve injury. Molecular Psychiatry, 5(4):404-14.
- Thompson, RR, George, K, Walton, JC, Orr, SP, Benson, J. (2006) Sex-specific influences of vasopressin on human social communication. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 103(20):7889-94.
Find James Walton's Publications on Google Scholar
Find James Walton's Publications on PubMed