- MSN, West Virginia University, 2017
- BSN, West Virginia University, 2012
- SON Star Award - (December 5, 2019)
- Go Beyond: Service: We Serve Others. - (April 3, 2019)
- Go Beyond: Respect: We are Kind. - (March 23, 2019)
- Go Beyond: Accountability: We Always Do Our Best. - (January 17, 2019)
- MSN Award for Excellence - (April, 2017)
- Family Nurse Practitioner - Board Certified - American Nurses Credentialing Center (2017)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - WV RN Board (2017)
- Registered Nurse - WV RN Board (2012)
About Amanda Edwards
Amanda Edwards, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC is a board certified family nurse practitioner. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing from West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV. She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. Prior to becoming a nurse, Ms. Edwards volunteered as a Teen Volunteer at Camden Clark Medical Center in Parkersburg, WV and a Pediatrics Volunteer at West Virginia University Childrenâ€™s Hospital in Morgantown, WV and worked as a Nursing Tech in the Critical Care Unit at Camden Clark Medical Center. Prior to becoming a nurse practitioner and nursing faculty member, she worked as a registered nurse in the Cardiothoracic and Coronary Care Units and Department of Family Medicine at WVU Medicine in Morgantown, WV and as a graduate and research assistant in the West Virginia University School of Nursing. Ms. Edwardsâ€™ professional interests include palliative care, gerontology, and nursing education.
Teaching interests: Ms. Edwards' teaching interests include Adult Medical Surgical Nursing, Geriatrics, and Palliative Care.
Ms. Edwards' research interests include Nursing Education, Geriatrics, and Palliative Care.