- DO, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2011
- PhD, State University of New York, Buffalo, 2006
- Peppers, B.P., Jhaveri, D., Van Heeckeren, R., Fletcher, D., Bonfield, M., Hostoffer, R.W. and Bonfield, T., 2018. Stratification of peanut allergic murine model into anaphylaxis severity risk groups using thermography. Journal of Immunological Methods. 459 (2018): 29-34.
- Oh, J., McGarry, D., Peppers, B. and Hostoffer, R., 2018. Selective IgM deficiency associated with adult-onset Still disease. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 120(4), pp.444-446.
- Joseph, N.I., Slavin, E., Peppers, B.P. and Hostoffer Jr, R.W., 2018. Fenugreek Anaphylaxis in a Pediatric Patient. Allergy & Rhinology, 9, p.2152656718764134.
- Peppers, B.P., Zacharias, J., Michaud, C.R., Frith, J.A., Varma, P., Henning, M., Quinn, L.M., Tcheurekdjian, H., Craig, T. and Hostoffer, R.W., 2018. Association between α1-antitrypsin and bronchiectasis in patients with humoral immunodeficiency receiving gammaglobulin infusions. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 120(2), pp.200-206.
- Peppers, B.P., Vatsayan, A., Dalal, J., Bonfield, T., Tcheurekdjian, H. and Hostoffer, R., 2018. A case series: Association of anaphylaxis with a significant decrease in platelet levels and possible secondary risk of thrombosis. Immunity, Inflammation and Disease.
- Peppers, B.P., Varma, P., Kim, Y.M., Hostoffer Jr, R.W. and Rowane, M.P., 2017. Scholar 7: The Development of Regional Community Hospitals' Scholastic Environment. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, 117(10), p.643.
- Gibbons, K.R., Abraham, T., Sandhu, M., Peppers, B.P., Girzhel, J.F. and Hostoffer, R.W., 2017. Successful perinatal management of hereditary angioedema with normal C1 esterase inhibitor and factor XII mutation using C1 esterase inhibitor therapy. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
- Schubert D, Klein M-C, Hassdenteufel S, Caballero-Oteyza A, Yang L, Proietti M, Bulashevska A, Kemming J, Kühn J, Winzer S, Rusch S, Fliegauf M, Schäffer AA, Pfeffer S, Geiger R, Cavalié A, Cao H, Yang F, Li Y, Rizzi M, Eibel H, Kobbe R, Marks AL, Peppers BP, Hostoffer RW, Puck JM, Zimmermann R, Grimbacher B, “2018. Plasma cell deficiency in human subjects with heterozygous mutations in Sec61 translocon alpha 1 subunit (SEC61A1).” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 141(4), pp.1427-1438.
- Sandhu, M., Casselman, J., Peppers, B., Tcheurekdjian, H. and Hostoffer, R.W., 2017. Type 1 Kounis syndrome in a patient with idiopathic anaphylaxis. Allergy & Rhinology, 8(2), p.e103.
- Wu, S.S., Johnson, J.A., Peppers, B., Tcheurekdjian, H. and Hostoffer, R., 2017. A case of green tea (Camellia sinensis) imbibement causing possible anaphylaxis. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 118(6), pp.747-748.
- Wu SS, Abraham T, Michaud C, Peppers B, Ward A, Ehrenberg Buchner S, Teba CV, Tcheurekdjian H, Hostoffer H, Jhaveri D, “Fetal Response to Intramuscular Epinephrine for Anaphylaxis during Maternal Penicillin Desensitization for Secondary Syphilis” Journal of Maternal-fetal & Neonatal Medicine 2017 May 31, :1-8
- Doll, R., Johnson, J., Peppers, B.P., Tcheurekdjian, H. and Hostoffer, R., 2017. IgE-mediated anaphylactic shock caused by pumpkin seed in an adult. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 118(3), pp.377-378.
- Michaud, C., Peppers, B., Frith, J., Tcheurekdjian, H. and Hostoffer, R., 2016. Idiopathic pancreatitis in a patient with a STAT3 mutation. Allergy & Rhinology, 7(1), p.e42.
- Peppers, BP, “Sublingual Immunotherapy vs. Subcutaneous Immunotherapy: Assuming all things equally FDA approved and optimized,” eJournal of the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians, Winter of 2014 edition
- Diver, S. T.; Kulkarni, A. A.; Clark, D. A.; Peppers, B. P., “Cyclodimerization of Alkynes with Phosphine-Free Ruthenium Carbene Complexes: Carbene Consumption by a Shunted Alkyne Oligomerization,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2007, 129, 5832-5833
- Middleton, Mark,; Peppers, Brian P,; Diver, Steven T., “Studies Directed Towards the Synthesis of the Scabrosins: Validation of the Tandem Enyne Metathesis Approach,” Tetrahedron, 2006, 45, 10528-10540.
- Ellis-Holder, Keisha K.; Peppers, Brian P.; Kovalevsky, Andrei Yu; Diver, Steven T., Kovalevsky, Andrei Yu; Diver, Steven T., “Macrocycle Ring Expansion by Double Stevens Rearrangement,” Org. Lett., 2006, 8, 2511- 14.
- Peppers, Brian P.; Kulkarni, Amol A,; Diver, Steven T.,“Functional Group Scope in the Methylene-Free, Tandem Enyne Metathesis,” Org. Lett., 2006, 8, 2539-2542.
- Peppers, Brian P,; Diver, Steven T., “Tandem Cyclopropanation/Ring Closing Metathesis of Dienynes,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2004, 126, 9524-9525.
- First Place Clemens von Pirquet Award 2017
ACAAI Alliance Memorial, Boston, MA
Dedication to Primary Care in Pediatrics, 2011
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton, FL
About Brian Peppers
Dr. Peppers is a Board Certified Allergist and Immunologist for both children and adults. He completed his fellowship at Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Ohio. He has contributed to several of medical text books and has published numerous research articles in allergy and immunology, and organic chemistry. His clinical special interests involve immunodeficiencies, recurrent infections, allergies (seasonal, food, and drug), food sensitivities and intolerances, eczema, contact dermatitis, hives, and eosinophilic esophagitis.
Patient Care Information
- Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric Allergy/Immunology
Fellowship, Allergy and Immunology
Case Western Reserve and University Hospitals, Cleveland Medical Center
Allergy, Eczema and Asthma:
- Atopic dermatitis
- Acute and chronic urticaria
- Allergies – general
- Allergic Rhinitis and Conjunctivitis
- Contact Dermatitis
- Food allergy, intolerance, sensitivities
- Food and drug challenges
- Drug desensitization
- Hymenoptera, venom, insect stings or bites testing and immunotherapy
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Food Protein Induced Enterocolitis , and all forms on Non-IgE mediated dietary allergies
- Idiopathic anaphylaxis
- Biologic Medications
- Vaccine allergy testing, challenge and desensitization
- Acute, chronic, or recurrent pneumonia and/or bronchitis
- Chronic cough
- Common variable immunodeficiency
- Combined immunodeficiency
- Complement Deficiency
- DiGeorge syndrome (22q11.2 deletion syndrome)
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome
- Hyper-IgE Syndrome (Job Syndrome)
- IgA and/or IgM deficiency
- Mannose Binding Lectin Deficiency
- Natural Killer Cell Deficiency
- Recurrent infections
- Recurrent sinusitis
- Recurrent ear infections
- Specific antibody deficiency
- Subclass deficiency
- X-linked agammaglobulinemia
- Histamine mediated and/or Bradykinin mediated
- Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infections (PANDAS)
- Stiff man Syndrome
- Periodic fever syndromes
- Chronic idiopathic urticaria
- General screening and counseling