About Marguerite Ballou
Dr. Ballou was raised 15 miles from WV in Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Her interests include underserved populations especially rural Appalachian communities like her hometown. She is passionate about women's health and LGBTQ care.
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University
Peer Reviewed Publications
- "Impact of a Paper Mill on Microbial Communities in the Jackson River." Roanoke College Honors Thesis Defense, 2014
- "Patient-Titrated Moderate Sedation During Second Trimester Dilation and Evacuation: An Evaluation of Outcomes and Adverse Events." VCU SOM I2CRP Captsone Project Presentations, 2018.
- 2015: I2CRP (international, inner city, rural preceptorship program), VCU School of Medicine
- 2018 American College of Surgeons
- 2014 Phi Beta Kappa
- Hiking, rock climbing, horseback riding, running, craft beer, Game of Thrones/West World/college football, and spending time with her 2 fur babies.