About Brendan Jones
Dr. Jones was born and raised in New Jersey. In 2018, Dr. Jones joined WVU General Surgery Residency Program as a PGY-2 after serving as an Undersea Medical Officer and Battalion Surgeon for the 3d Marine Raider Battalion.
- MD, West Virginia University, 2014
- BS, University of Massachusetts - Amherst, 2010
- Jones, B.A., Pei, M., Synovium-derived stem cells: a tissue-specific stem cell for cartilage engineering and regeneration, Tissue Eng Part B Rev, 2012 Aug; 18(4):301-11. PMID: 22429320.
- Li, J., Jones, B.A., Zhang, Y., Vinardell, T., Pei, M., Low-density expansion protects human synovium-derived stem cells from replicative senescence: a preliminary study, Drug Delivery and Translational Research, 2012 Oct; 2(5):363-374.
Peer Reviewed Publications
Pediatric Jejunal Perforation of Unknown Etiology: Case Report and Literature Review; Poster Presentation.
March 2015 - Academic Research Competition, NMCP.
Synovial-Derived Stem Cells: Working Towards Cartilage Regeneration; Oral Presentation. March 2012 -Van Liere Memorial Convocation & HSC Research Day Oral Presentation.
Low Density Expansion Rescues Human Synovium-Derived Stem Cells from Replicative Senescence; Poster Presentation. March 2012 -Van Liere Memorial Convocation & HSC Research Day Oral Presentation.
- 2014 Donald C. Fidler Award
- Lieutenant, US Navy Medical Corps
- Dr. Jones enjoys spending time with his wife, son and 2 dogs. He and his family enjoy being outdoors; especially kayaking and exploring new places. He is an avid runner and triathlete competing in races of various distance with his favorites being marathon and half-Ironman distances.