- PhD, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 2013
- MPA, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 2005
- MA, University of Rajasthan, India, 1993
- MBA, R.A. Podar Institute of Management, University of Rajasthan, India, 1992
- Cai Y, Dai Z, Wen S, Bhandari R. Risk factors associated with infection of blood-borne virus among people who used methamphetamine. BMC Infect Dis. 2020; 20:742 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12879-020-05464-y.
- Wiener RC, Bhandari R, Morgan S, Shockey AKT, Waters C. Adolescents’ Perceived Risk of Harm Due to Smoking: The role of extracurricular activities. Journal of Dental Hygiene. 2020;94(4):47-55.
- Wiener RC, Bhandari R. Association of Electronic Cigarette Use with Lead, Cadmium, Barium, and Antimony Body Burden: NHANES 2015-2016. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. 62:126602. 10.1016/j.jtemb.2020.126602.
- Wiener RC, Waters C, Bhandari R. The association of Toxoplasma gondii IgG and cognitive function scores: NHANES 2013-2014. Parasitology International. 2020:78;102123.
- Ma CC, Gu JK, Bhandari R, Charles LE, Violanti JM, Fekedulegn D, Andrew ME. Associations of objectively measured sleep characteristics and incident hypertension among police officers: The role of obesity. Journal of Sleep Research. 2020. doi:10.1111/jsr.12988.
- Wiener RC, Waters C, Bhandari R, Trickett Shockey AK, Alshaarawy O. The Association of Sleep Duration and the Use of Electronic Cigarettes, NHANES, 2015-2016. Sleep Disorders. 2020:1-12. doi:10.1155/2020/8010923.
- Tressler SR, Kushner T, Bhandari R. Factors associated with Hepatitis B exposure among people who report using methamphetamine: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2009-2016. J Infect Dis. 2020; 221(2):243-250. doi:10.1093/infdis/jiz445.
- Tressler S, Bhandari R. Interventions to Increase Completion of Hepatitis B Vaccination in People who Inject Drugs: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2019; 6(12): ofz521. doi:10.1093/ofid/ofz521.
- Wiener RC, Waters C, Bhandari R, Shockey AKT, Panagakos F. U.S. Re-Licensure Opioid/Pain Management Continuing Education Requirements in Dentistry, Dental Hygiene, and Medicine. Journal of Dental Education. 2019; 83(10):1166-1173. doi:10.21815/JDE.019.115.
- Wiener RC, Waters C, Bhandari R, Shockey AKT. Healthcare Utilization and Morbidity among Adolescents with ADHD in Children Aged 11-17 Years, NHIS, 2017. Child Development Research 2019; Article ID 4047395. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/4047395.
- Wiener RC, Bhandari R, Shockey AKT, Waters C. Dental care utilization among Veterans by smoking status. International Journal of Dentistry 2019; Article ID 3419805. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/3419805.
- WVCTSI’s pilot grant ($49,928) for Development of a Statewide Linked Database for Analysis of Clinical and Economic Patterns of Injection Drug Use-Associated Infective Endocarditis. Role: PI.
- Research and Scholarship Advancement Grant Award ($10,402) for Assessing Risk factors and Outcomes of Injection Drug Use patients at WVU’s multidisciplinary Infusion Service. Role: PI.
- First place award for the oral presentation “Practice patterns and outcomes of injection drug users presenting with tricuspid valve infective endocarditis in West Virginia,” by Johnson J, Reece R, Bhandari R, Khakoo R at the WV American College of Physicians Chapter Meeting, Stonewall Resort, WV, October 2019.
- Second place award for oral presentation "Clinical outcomes and screening rates of infants born to women with active Hepatitis C infection" at the West Virginia Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute Annual Meeting, Greenbrier, WV, April 2019.
- First place award for the research poster “Barriers to influenza vaccination in a rural university clinic” by Chen Y-W, Bhandari R, Fisher M at the WV Chapter Meeting of American College of Physicians, Roanoke, WV, October 2018.
About Ruchi Bhandari
Dr. Bhandari has diverse work experience in the areas of public health (Marshall University), occupational health (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), diabetes education (West Virginia University Extension Service), and environmental health (World Resources Institute, Washington, DC). She teaches epidemiology courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and PhD levels.
Dr. Bhandari’s research interest lies in assessing the risk factors and outcomes of life-threatening infections associated with substance use disorder. As a PI on NIH-funded WV Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute Pilot Grant, she is currently working with other partners to develop a statewide database of injection drug use-associated infective endocarditis. As a PI on West Virginia University (WVU) Research and Scholarship Advancement grant, she is developing a project assessing risk factors and outcomes of injection drug use patients at WVU’s comprehensive care-continuum initiative. In the past couple of years, she has built a strong multidisciplinary research and mentoring team consisting of clinicians, physician scientists, and public health researchers at WVU and other academic institutions.