- PhD, Emory University
- MA, University of Chicago
- BA, Johns Hopkins University
- Johnston K, Allen L, Melanson T, Pitts S. A “Patch” to the NYU Emergency Department Algorithm. Health Services Research. 2017; 52(4): 1264-1276.
- Cummings J, Allen L, Clennon J, Ji X, Druss B. Geographic Access to Specialty Mental Health Care across High- and Low-income U.S. Communities. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017; 74(5): 276-484.
- Allen L, Cummings J. Emergent Department Use Among Hispanic Adults: The Role of Acculturation. Medical Care. 2016; 54(5):449-456.
- Allen L, Thorpe K, Joski P. The Effect of Obesity and Chronic Conditions on Medicare Spending, 1987-2011. PharmacoEconomics. 2015; 33(7):691-697.
- Thorpe K, Allen L, Joski P. Out-Of-Pocket Prescription Costs Under A Median Silver Plan Are Twice As High As They Are In The Average Employer Plan. Health Affairs. 2015; 34(10):1695-1703
Courses taught at WVU School of Public Health
- Health Economics (graduate)
- Health Policy (undergraduate)
- The US Health Care System: Structure and Incentives (undergraduate)
About Lindsay Allen
Dr. Lindsay Allen is a health economist and health services researcher. Her research focuses on how the organization of the health care system influences the way patients interact with it. Much of her work emphasizes improving health care access and outcomes for underserved populations. She is the co-Principal Investigator for West Virginia’s Medicaid 1115 Substance Use Disorder Waiver Evaluation. She has previously worked in the pharmaceutical industry, and as a senior health care technology analyst for the ECRI Institute.