- BA, St. Olaf College - Northfield, Minnesota
- DDS, University of Minnesota
- MSD, Oral Pathology - University of Minnesota
A link to Dr. Bouquot's extensive publications has been provided for the reader's convenience.
- St. George National Award; the highest award given by the American Cancer Society for lifetime efforts in cancer control.
- Bridgeman Distinguished Dentist Award; The West Virginia Dental Association
- Distinguished Leadership Award; The West Virginia Public Health Association
- WVU Alumni Achievement Award
- Presidential Certificate of Appreciation; The American Academy of Oral Medicine
- Honorary Life Membership; The International Association of Oral Pathologists
- Distinguished Alumnus Award; The University of Minnesota
- Fleming and Davenport Award for Original Research
- Award for Pioneer Work in Teaching & Research; The University of Texas
- Honorary Member of the Mexican Association of Oral Pathology & Medicine; the first U.S. native to earn the honor.
Dr. Bouquot is only the third American to have been awarded the highest honor of the International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathologists. (His mentor was the second.)
He has published more than 360 papers, abstracts, and book chapters including the most popular oral and maxillofacial pathology textbook.
Dr. Bouquot has presented research interests and findings in presentations in at least 30 countries. He has reviewed more than 1,500 peer manuscripts for more than 44 medical and dental journals.
About Jerry Bouquot
Dr. Jerry Bouquot has been director of two of the largest U.S. oral pathology biopsy services, one of which received tissue from 45 states and five foreign countries. Dr. Bouquot has more than 340 published papers, abstracts, books and book chapters. His work has been translated into numerous languages, has been cited more than 8,000 times, and has been used by state and national governments to determine oral health policy.
Through his extensive research in oral pathology, Dr. Bouquot named more than three dozen new oral diseases. With more than half a century of commitment to properly and punctually identify sources of oral health disease and cancer, Dr. Bouquot chooses to share his expertise in West Virginia, a state with the highest per capita consumption of smokeless tobacco.
His study of oral lesions and research in the field aids in his ability to make a significant impact in West Virginia in identifying problems promptly for proper treatment to begin.
WVU School of Dentistry
Patient Care Information
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- ABOMP, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
Fellowship, Bone Pathology Fellowship
Mayo Clinic, 1975
Fellowship, Odontogenic and Salivary Pathology Fellowship
Royal Dental College, Copenhagen, 1975
Dr. Bouquot is Professor Emeritus at University of Texas Health Sciences Center in Houston, Texas.