- MD, University of Pittsburgh, 1994
About Aaron Mason
Bachelor of Arts, Biology Washington and Jefferson College 1987-1990
Medical Doctorate University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine-Pittsburgh, PA 1990-1994
General Surgery Internship University of Alabama at Birmingham-Birmingham, AL 1994-1995
Pediatric Residency Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh, PA 1995-1998
Plastic Surgery Research University of Pittsburgh Medical Center-Pittsburgh, PA 1998-2000
Plastic Surgery Residency University of Pittsburgh Medical Center-Pittsburgh, PA 2000-2005
Craniofacial Fellowship Hospital for Sick Children-Toronto, ON 2005-2006
Health Profession Education West Virginia University-Morgantown, WV 2017
- Abstracts PresentedGrome L, Mullen C, Mason AC, and Ueno C. Challenging the BRA Score as an Accurate Predictor of Individualized Risk of Surgical Complications in Breast Reconstruction in an Appalachian Population. Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons. June 2017.
- Abboud JP, Mason AC, Harris MA, Shultz RW, Vidor I, Rosen CL, Casuccio JR, and Sivak-Callcott JA. Custom polyetheretherketone (PEEK) implants for orbito-facial and orbito-cranial reconstruction. American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Spring Scientific Symposium. June 2017.
- Vishwanath S, Williams HJ, and Mason AC. Congenital epulis: unusual etiology of airway obstruction and feeding failure in a newborn. Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings, May 2016
- Grome L, Warner R, Sears S, and Mason AC. The role of breast ultrasound in a treatment protocol for the postoperative red breast in implant based breast reconstruction. Van Liere Research Day. May 2017.
- Mullens C, Grome L, Qaiser R, Serrano CA, and Mason AC. Titanium hardware complications in pediatric cranioplasty: a case series. Van Liere Research Day. May 2017.
- Mullens C, Grome L, Qaiser R, Serrano CA, and Mason AC. Titanium hardware complications in pediatric cranioplasty: a case series. Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons. June 2017.
Original Published Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Walid R, Lucke-Wold BP, Mason AC, Tarabishy A, and Serrano CA. Unilateral frontosphenoid craniosynostosis: case report and a review of the literature. Neuro (EC). 2017;4(3):80-83.
- Grome L, Warner R, Sears S, and Mason AC. The role of breast ultrasound in a treatment protocol for the postoperative red breast in implant based breast reconstruction. Ann Surg Periop Care. 2017.
- Mason AC . Congenital Hand Anomalies: Embryology and Classification. In Bentz ML, Bauer BS, and Zuker RM (Eds.), Principles and Practice of Pediatric Plastic Surgery (pp. 1075-1083). St. Louis, MO: Quality Medical Publishing, Inc. 2016
- Abboud JP, Mason AC, Sivak-Callcot, JA. Socket Reconstruction. In Levin and Allen. Manual of Oculoplastic Surgery, 5th Edition. 2017 in press
Patient Care Information
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Plastic Surgery, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Residency, General Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 1998
Residency, Plastic Surgery
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2005
Fellowship, Craniofacial Surgery
Hospital for Sick Children, 2006