PO Box 9128
WVU School of Medicine
- View Website
- Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
- Microbiology, Immunology & Cell Biology
- Emergency Medicine
- PhD, Genetics and Genomics, Duke University
- E.B. Engler-Chiurazzi, C.M. Brown, J. Povroznik, and J.W. Simpkins. Estrogens as neuroprotectants: estrogenic actions in the context of cognitive aging and brain injury. Prog. Neurobiol. (In press)
- C.M. Brown, C.D. Bushnell, G. Samsa, L.B. Goldstein, and C.A. Colton. (2015) Chronic systemic immune dysfunction in African-Americans post-lacunar stroke. Transl. Stroke. Res. 6: 430-36.
- M.J. Kan, J.E. Lee, J.G. Wilson, A.L. Everhart, C.M. Brown, A.N. Hoofnagle, M. Jansen, M.P. Vitek, M.D. Gunn, and C.A. Colton. (2015) Arginine deprivation and immune suppression in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci. 35: 5969-5982.
- Research featured in multiple news outlets
- V. Vachharajani, T.F. Liu, C.M. Brown, X. Wang, N. Buehler, J.D. Wells, B.K. Yoza, and C.M. McCall. SIRT1 inhibition during immunosuppressive phase of sepsis enhances immunity and improves outcome. (2014) J Leuk Biol. 96: 785-796.
- M.A. Espeland, S.A. Shumaker, I. Leng, J. E. Manson, C. M. Brown, E.S. LeBlanc, L. Vaughan, J. Robinson, S.R. Rapp, J.S. Goveas, D. Lane, J. Wactawski-Wende, M.L. Stefanick, W. Li, S.M. Resnick for the WHIMSY Study Group. (2013) Long-term effects on cognitive function of postmenopausal hormone therapy prescribed to women aged 50-54 years. JAMA Intern. Med. 24: 1-8.
- T.F. Liu, C.M. Brown, M. El-Gazzar, L. McPhail, P. Millet, A. Rao, V.T. Vachharajani, B.K. Yoza, and C.E. McCall. (2012) Fueling the flame: bioenergy coordinates metabolism and inflammation. J Leuk. Biol. May 9, 2012, epub.
- C.M. Brown, J.O. Becker, P.M. Wise, and A.N. Hoofnagle. (2011). Simultaneous detection of 6 L-arginine metabolites in human and mouse plasma and serum by using HILIC chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry. Clin. Chem. 57:701-709.
- C.M. Brown, T.A. Mulcahey, N.C. Filipek, and P.M. Wise (2010). Production of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines during neuroinflammation: novel roles for estrogen receptors alpha and beta. Endocrinology 151:4916-4925.
Center for Basic and Translational Stroke Research