About Thomas Bias
Director, Health Research Center and Associate Professor in the Department of Health Policy, Management, and Leadership, West Virginia University School of Public Health.
- Health Research Center
- Health Policy, Management, and Leadership
Associate Director of Program Evaluation
- HSC-SPH Health Affairs
- PhD, West Virginia University
- MA, West Virginia University
- BA, West Virginia University
- Bias, T., Abildso, C., Vasile, E., and Coffman, J. (2017). The Impact of Community Input in Community Health Needs Assessments. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 23(S1): S29-S33.
- Agarwal P., Bias,, T., and Sambamoorthi, N. (2017). Longitudinal Patterns of Emergency Department Visits: A Multi-State Analysis of Medicaid Beneficiaries. Health Services Research. 52(6):2121-2136.
- Bias, T. and Abildso, C. (2017). Measuring Policy and Related Effects of a Health Impact Assessment Related to Connectivity. Preventive Medicine. 95(S1), S92-S94.
- Bias, T., Fitzgerald, P., and Agarwal, P.* (2015). Changing Awareness of the Health Insurance Marketplace. American Journal of Public Health. 105 (S5), S633-S636.
- Bias, T., Fitzgerald, M. P., Gurley-Calvez, T. (2015). Strategies for Policy Evaluation of Health Insurance Marketplaces. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 21(1), 62-68.
Courses taught at WVU School of Public Health
- Foundations of Health Policy (Graduate)
- Policy Analysis (Graduate)
- Healthcare and Insurance Policy (Graduate)
- Research Methods for Health Policy, Management, and Leadership (in the past, Graduate)
About Thomas Bias
Dr. Bias is the Director for the Health Research Center, West Virginia University School of Public Health. His expertise is the influence of Public Policy on health. Dr. Bias' research looks at the impact of health insurance policy on coverage and access to care, understanding the impact of state and local economic and built environment policy on public health, and conducting community health needs assessments.