- MD, WVU School of Medicine, 2006
1. Perdue AD, Cottrell LA, Lilly CL, Gower WA, Ely BA, Foringer B, Wright ML, Neal WA. Pediatric metabolic outcome comparisons based on a spectrum of obesity and asthmatic symptoms. J Asthma. 2018 Apr 20:1-7.
2. Hussey SE, Liang H, Costford SR, Klip A, Defronzo RA, Sanchez-Avila A, Ely B, Musi N. TAK-242, a Small Molecule Inhibitor of Toll-like Receptor-4 signaling, unveils similarities and differences in Lipopolysaccharid- and Lipid-induced Inflammation and Insulin Resistance in Muscle Cells. Biosci Rep. 2012 Oct 10.
3. Li M, Verdijk LB, Sakamoto K, Ely B, van Loon LJ, Musi N. Reduced AMPK-ACC and mTOR signaling in muscle from older men, and effect of resistance exercise. Mech Ageing Dev. 2012 Sep 19.
4. Ely BA, Post-traumatic Pituitary Insufficiency, American Association of Pediatrics, Section on Endocrine Newsletter. Vol 21; Spring 2011.
5. Thamasitboon S, Rosen DA, Lutfi R, Ely BA, Weber MA, Hilvers PN, Gustafson RA. An institutional experience with epidural analgesia in children and young adults undergoing cardiac surgery, Paediatr Anaesth. 2010 Aug; 20(8):720-6.
6. Ely BA, Nield LS. Index of suspicion. A case of ROHHAD: Index of Suspicion, Pediatrics in Review. Vol.29 No.11, Nov 2008.
7. Ely BA, Gustafson RA, Karnsakul W. Pseudoprune-Belly Syndrome in Vertebral Abnormalities, Anal Atresia, Cardiac Abnormalities, Tracheoesophageal Fistula and/or Esophageal Atresia, Renal Agenesis and Dysplasia, and Limb Defects Association, Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2008;6:e26
8. Ely BA, Thammasitboon S. Critical Appraisal of : Umpierrez GE, Cuervo R, Karabell A, Latif K, Freire AX, Kitabchi AE. Treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis with subcutaneous insulin aspart. Diabetes Care 2004 27(8):1873-8. Online Publication in The PedsCCM Evidence-Based Journal Club, July 06, 2007.
2016 Press Ganey Top Provider for Medical Practice • WVU Medicine
2016 Highest Performing Exemplary Outcomes CG-CAHPS • WVU Medicine
2015 George P. Heffner Award This award is given annually to the member of the Camp KnoKoma medical team that best exemplifies cooperation and hard work to make the medical portion of camp run smoothly
2012 3rd Place Oral Presentation UTHSCSA Department of Pediatrics Research Day
2012 1st Place Poster Presentation Pediatric Endocrine Society of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas
2011 1st Place Poster Presentation – Clinical Fellow Category UTHSCSA Department of Internal Medicine Research Day
2011 Travel Award The Endocrine Society’s Fellow’s Training Day
2010 Travel Award The Endocrine Society’s Clinical Investigators Workshop 2009 Outstanding Pediatric Intensive Care Resident Award West Virginia University Department of Pediatrics
2009 Excellence in Ambulatory Pediatrics Award West Virginia University Department of Pediatrics
2008 Distinguished Service Award Diabetes Camp of West Virginia
2008 2nd Place Annual Resident Research Competition AAP, West Virginia Chapter
Patient Care Information
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Endocrinology, American Board of Pediatrics
Fellowship, Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship
University of Texas, HSC, 2012
Residency, Pediatric Residency
West Virginia University School of Medicine, 2009