- BS, Cell Biology & Chemistry, Texas A&M University, 1999
- PhD, Experimental Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 2004
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Morise AP, Tennant J, Holmes SD, Tacker DH. The effect of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 inhibitors on nonfasting remnant cholesterol in a real world population. J Lipids 2018;2018:9194736. PMID 30105099.
- Lin DC, Straseski JA, Schmidt RL, Thyroid Benchmarking Group*. Multi-center benchmark study reveals significant variation in thyroid testing in United States. Thyroid 2017 July 5 (ahead of print); doi:10.1089/thy.2017.0190. PMID 28679353. [*Member of the 22-site benchmarking group that contributed data, 82-site data analysis, and manuscript review/editing.]
- Ducatman AM, Tacker DH, Ducatman BS, Long D, Perrotta PL, Lawther H, Pennington K, Lander O, Warden M, Failinger C, Halbritter K, Pellegrino R, Treese M, Stead JA, Glass E, Cianciaruso L, Nau KC. Quality improvement intervention for reduction of redundant testing. Academic Pathology 2017;4:1-10. PMID 28725791.
- Tacker DH, Perrotta PL. Quality Monitoring Approach for Optimizing Antinuclear Antibody Screening Cutoffs and Testing Workflow. Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine 2016; 1(6): 678-689. PMID pending; doi: 10.1373/jalm.2016.021360.
- Tacker DH, Topardo J, Mahaffey CA, Perrotta PL. Workflow analysis comparing manual and automated sample processing for mass spectrometry based vitamin D testing. Lab Medicine 2014;45(4):361-367. PMID 25316669
- Tacker DH, Robinson R, Perrotta PL. Abbott ARCHITECT iPhenytoin assay versus similar assays for measuring free phenytoin concentrations. Lab Medicine 2014;45(2): 5-10. PMID 24869001.
- Javins B, Hobbs G, Ducatman A, Pilkerton C, Tacker D, Knox SS. Circulating maternal perfluoroalkyl substances during pregnancy in the C8 Health Study. Env Sci Technol. 2013;47(3):1606-13. PMID 23272997
- CLSI C62-A: Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Methods; Approved Guideline. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute: Wayne PA. 2014 October. Contributor list: Clarke W, Molinaro R, Bachmann LM, Botelho JC, Cao Z, French D, Garg S, Gawoski JM, Grant RP, Hoofnagle AN, Iyer B, Kulasingam V, Mason DS, Rappold B, Tacker DH, Truscott SM, Yu C, Zhu Y.
- Tacker DH. ASCP Check Sample, Clinical Chemistry. Topic – Immunoassay Interferences. June 2012.
- Scholl AR, Wright S, Tacker D. Serum hCG, centrally-acting medications, and menopause – A pilot study. WVCTSI 2019 Annual Meeting. White Sulphur Springs, WV, USA. Poster 35.
- Langford EE, Vos JA, Tacker DH. Anti-CD38 treated plasma cell myeloma causing laboratory interferences: A quality assurance study identifying pitfalls for the pathologist. 2019 USCAP Annual Meeting. March 2019, National Harbor, MD, USA.
- Ahn JS, Beatty C, Nichols T, Tacker DH, Perrotta PL. Sample suitability for solid-phase antibody identification. 2016 AABB Annual Meeting, Orlando Fl. Abstract publication number 2528258.
- Mehta H, Tacker D. Hyperammonemic encephalopathy in late-onset ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) deficiency unmasked by acetaminophen overuse. 2014 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. Poster P07.035.
- Josiah A, Salomon A, Tacker DH, Gutmann L. Copper deficiency myeloneuropathy with hypozincemia due to zinc excess, gastrectomy, and low serum ceruloplasmin. 2012 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA. Poster P03.191.
- Pennington K, Tacker D. Quality Analysis/Quality Control Project: Decreasing the Number of QNS Samples at a Regional Cystic Fibrosis Center. 2013 Appalachian Health Summit, Columbus, OH. Poster.
- Tacker DH, Topardo J, Mahaffey C, Perrotta P. Determining labor requirements for manual and automated sample processing for mass spectrometry testing through workflow analysis. Clin Chem. 2011;57(10):A44. Abstract A-141.
- LaSala R, Sarwari A, Svensson A, Tacker D, Perrotta P. Impact of Methodology Change on Ordering Practices for C. difficile Testing. 2011. 111th General Meeting American Society for Microbiology, New Orleans, LA. Abstract #3929.
Peer-Reviewed Online Articles:
- Tacker D. Revision of: Bilirubin. LabTestsOnline. Reviewed/revised, September 2015; board approved December 2015. Available from: https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/bilirubin/tab/glance/
- Tacker D. How confident are you in your pre-analytics? And, are you using your index testing to its real potential? NACB Scientific Shorts. 6/16/2015. Available from: https://www.aacc.org/community/national-academy-of-clinical-biochemistry/scientific-shorts/2015/how-confident-are-you-in-your-preanalytics
- Tacker D. Is mass spectrometry “keeping up with the Jonesing?”...and, Why is this even a question in the modern era? NACB Scientific Shorts. 5/5/2015. Available from: https://www.aacc.org/community/national-academy-of-clinical-biochemistry/scientific-shorts/2015/is-mass-spectrometry-keeping-up-with-the-jonesing-and-why-is-this-even-a-question-in-the-modern-era
- Tacker D. Case study: What is the source of the hyperammonemia? NACB Scientific Shorts. 2/21/2014. Available from: http://www.aacc.org/members/nacb/NACBBlog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=138
- Tacker D. Analyzer selection in the “adult” hospital setting – What’s your method? NACB Scientific Shorts. 6/26/2013. Available from: http://www.aacc.org/members/nacb/NACBBlog/lists/posts/post.aspx?ID=121
- Tacker, DH. Middleware Is a Powerful Director’s Tool. MedicalLab Management 2017 April issue, cover story.
Other Online Resources:
- Educational Podcast: Clinical Chemistry Trainee Council’s Pearls of Laboratory Medicine – Antinuclear Antibody Testing. Published online in 30 Nov 2018.
- Webinar: AACC Annual Scientific Meeting – Tips for First-Timers. AACC Artery. 28 June 2018. [As Vice Chair of the 2018 Annual Meeting Organizing Committee]
- Webinar: How to Select and Evaluate Chemistry Automation Solutions. AACC. 13 Sep 2017. [Recruited by AACC based on the success of the 2016 AACC University Session about selecting automation.]
- Podcast: JALMTalk. Quality monitoring approach for optimizing antinuclear antibody screening cutoffs and testing. April 2017. [http://media.aacc.org/jalmtalk/JALM_201705_Tacker.mp3]
- Online Training Course: Serum protein electrophoresis course. NEJM Knowledge+/AACC Learning Lab for Laboratory Medicine project. Course launched February 2017. [https://www.aacc.org/education-and-career/learning-lab]
Online Training Course: Serum enzymes. NEJM Knowledge+/AACC Learning Lab for Laboratory Medicine project. McCudden CM, Tacker DH. Course launched December 2017. [https://www.aacc.org/education-and-career/learning-lab]
- Clinical Chemistry, General
- Investigations of Suspected Test Interferences and/or Unexpected Results
- Workflow Assessment/Laboratory Efficiency/Automation
- Performance Improvement & Quality Management Strategies
- Antibody Interference in Immunoassays
- Quality Management and Assurance
- Utilization Patterns
- Workflow Analysis
- Mass Spectrometry Method Development
Patient Care Information
Other Speciality Training, Molecular Pathology
University of Texas Medical Branch
Other Speciality Training, Analytic/Instrumental Chemistry, Clinical Biochemistry