About Treah Haggerty
Dr. Treah Haggerty is the Director of the Rural Scholars Program for WVU’s Department of Family Medicine. She completed her bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, medical degree, and Residency in Family Medicine all from WVU.
- MS, West Virginia University, 2016
Davisson, L. M., Hernandez, M. A., & Haggerty, T. S. (2022) Primary care treatment of obesity in West Virginia: A needs assessment (Vol. 34, p. 100445). Obesity Medicine. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.obmed.2022.100445
Grogg, K., Giacobbi, Jr, P. R., Blair, E. K., Haggerty, T. S., Lilly, C., Winters, C. S., & Kelley, G. (2022) Physical Activity Assessment and Promotion in Clinical Settings in the United States: A Scoping Review. (Vol. 36, pp. 714–737). American journal of health promotion : AJHP.
Sedney, C. L., Haggerty, T. S., Dekeseredy, P., Nwafor, D., Caretta, M. A., Brownstein, H., & Pollini, R. A. (2022) "The DEA would come in and destroy you": a qualitative study of fear and unintended consequences among opioid prescribers in WV (Vol. 17). SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT PREVENTION AND POLICY.
Haggerty, T. S., Stephens, H. M., Peckens, S. A., Bodkins, E., Cary, M. A., Dino, G., & Sedney, C. L. (2022) Telemedicine versus in-Person Primary Care: Impact on Visit Completion Rate in a Rural Appalachian Population (Vol. 35, 475-+). JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN BOARD OF FAMILY MEDICINE.
- Women in Science and Health Mid-Career Award - (August 10, 2021)
- 2021 interprofessional education (IPE) Faculty and Staff Award - (June 7, 2021)
- WVU Family Medicine Department Chair's Research Award - (June, 2020)
- HOPE Grant - (January, 2020)
- CG-CAHPS Top Providers WVU Hospitals - (June 14, 2018)
Dr. Haggerty has mentorship strengths in mHealth (mobile health), obesity and rural populations.
Patient Care Information
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine, American Board of Family Medicine
Residency, Family Medicine
WVU School of Medicine, 2010