Program Director for Transitional Year
- Medical Education
- Clinical Faculty
General Internal Medicine
- Transitional Year Residency Program
- MD, WVU School of Medicine
- Ducatman AM, Tacker DH, Ducatman BS, Long D, Perrotta PL, Lawther H, Pennington K, Lander O, Warden M, Failinger C, Halbritter K, Pelligrino R, Treese M, Stead JA, Glass E, Cianciaruso L, Nau KC. Quality Improvement Intervention for Reduction of Redundant Testing. Acad Pathol. 2017 May 28 Vol 4 pg 1-10. PMID 28725791
- Cottrell S, Warden M, Graves C, Hashmi M, Nield L, Larrabee H, Lerfald N, Clawges H, Ferrari N. Measuring Medical Residents’ Well-Being. MedEdPORTAL; 2013. Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/9405. 2013
- Davisson L, Warden M, Manivannan S, Kolar MM, Kincaid C, Bashir S, Layne R. Osteoporosis screening: factors associated with bone mineral density testing of older women. Journal of Women’s Health. July 2009, 18(7):989-994. PMID 20377374
- Davisson L, Nuss M, Bruno C, Long M, Warden M, Manivannan S, et al. Women’s health tutorial. MedEdPORTAL; 2009. Available from: http://services.aamc.org/30/mededportal/servlet/s/segment/mededportal/?subid=1060 2009
2016 Fellowship for American College of Physicians March 2016
2015 Bravo Award for CG-CAHPS Highest Performing Provider in Outpatient, WVU Healthcare. May 2015
2012 Bravo Award for Patient Satisfaction. WVU Healthcare. May 2012
2002 Robert H. Waldman Academic Excellence Award West Virginia University, Department of Medicine
2001 Outstanding Presentation. “Evaluating the Impact of Weekends on Hospitalization” West Virginia Chapter ACP-ASIM Regional Meeting
2001-2010 Society of General Internal Medicine
2001-2014 Monongalia County Medical Society
1999- present American College of Physicians
1985-1994 American Physical Therapy Association
About Mary Warden
Mary D. Warden, MD FACP is an Associate Professor with a joint appointment in the Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, and the Department of Medical Education. Dr. Warden earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy at West Virginia University. After practicing as a physical therapist for several years, she returned to West Virginia University to earn her Doctorate of Medicine. Dr. Warden completed an Internal Medicine Residency program at West Virginia University.
Dr. Warden is board-certified in Internal Medicine. She provides patient care in the Medical Group Practice and the Geriatric Outpatient clinics. She also provides inpatient care at West Virginia University Ruby Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Warden has been involved in medical education throughout her career. She provides education and supervision for residents and medical students in the inpatient and outpatient settings. In 2006, she worked with other medical educators and created a Transitional Year Residency Program at West Virginia University. She continues to serve as the Program Director for the Transitional Year Residency Program. She enjoys working with the residents on Quality improvement projects and providing simulation-based education sessions.
Grants and Research
2012-present Quality Improvement Projects with Transitional Year residents.
2007-2009 Evaluating a Curriculum for Teaching and Assessing Systems-Based Practice and Practice-Based Learning and Improvement Competencies. Nuss, Ferrari, Armistead, Warden, Cottrell
2005-2008 IRB-approved study, Evaluation of compliance with osteoporosis screening guidelines, Co- investigator
2003-2004 A double blind, placebo controlled, parallel, multicenter study on extended VTE prophylaxis in acutely ill medical patients with prolonged immobilization (EXCLAIM). Aventis pharmaceuticals. Co-investor.
2002-2005 A randomized double blinded, multicenter, multifunctional process controlled, parallel group study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Valsartan and amlodipine combined and alone in hypertensive patients. Co-investigator $32, 474.
1987 Effect of Chest Percussion and Postural Drainage on Peak Flow Meter Readings in Cystic Fibrosis Patients, West Virginia University, School of Physical Therapy.
Patient Care Information
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Residency, Internal Medicine
West Virginia University