- West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Human Performance - Physical Therapy
- MS, West Virginia University, 1978
About John Petronis
- Certificate in Physical Therapy, University of Pennsylvania, 1967.
- Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, Morgantown, WV, 1997.
Professor Petronis joined the faculty in 1971 and holds a Master of Science degree in Anatomy from WVU. His areas of academic and clinical interest are Orthopedics and Sports Medicine with advanced training in Manual Therapy. He is a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, having completed the 4 year training program in 1997. Professor Petronis is a recipient of the WVU School of Medicine Dean’s Award for Excellence in Education and teaches courses primarily in the musculoskeletal curricular track. He also maintains an active physical therapy practice through his participation in the Division’s Lifespan Mobility clinic.
- Williams KA, Petronis JJ, Smith D, Goodrich D, Wu J, Ravi N, Doyle EJ, Juckett G, Kolar MM, Gros R, Steinberg L, 2005. Effect of Iyengar yoga therapy for chronic low back pain. Pain, 115, 107-117.
- Williams KA, Steinberg L, Petronis JJ, 2003. Therapeutic application of Iyengar yoga for healing chronic low back pain. International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 13.
- Stevens, JL, Edgerton VR, Haines D, Meyer D, 1981. The lumbosacral plexus and its motor branches to the pelvic limb musculature in the prosimian primate - Galago Senegalensis. In An Atlas and Source Book of the Lesser Bushbaby, Galago Senagalensis, CRC Press.
- Davis DS, Bosley EE, Gronell LC, Keeney SA, Rossetti AM, Mancinelli, CA, Petronis JJ, 2005. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, In Press.
PT 410 Orthopedics I (Coordinator)
PT 450 Orhopedics II (Coordinator)
PT 300 Essentials of Clinical Anatomy ( Co-coordinator)
PT 306 Kinesiological Foundations (Lecturer)
PT 308 Evaluation and Procedures (Lecturer)
PT 309 Introduction to Clinical Problem Solving ( PBL Facilitator)
PT 416 Clinical Decision Making II ( Capstone Mentor/ Evaluator)
PT 405 Therapeutic Agents I ( Lecturer and Lab Assistant)
PT 302 Clinical Problem Solving ( Case Study Facilitator)
PT 303 Functional Movement Across the Lifespan (Lecturer)
PT 402 Clinical Decision Making I ( PBL Facilitator)
PT 404 PT Procedures I ( Lecturer and Lab Instructor)
PT 425 PT Procedures II ( Lab Assistant and Examiner)
- Physical Therapy pro bono practice in the Division’s Lifespan Mobility clinic
- Member of the Executive Council, Department of Human Performance
- Assistant Chair, Division of Physical Therapy
- Member of the WVU Faculty Senate ( 1999, 2001-2004, 2005-2008)
- Member of the Orthopedic and Sports Sections of the APTA
- Member and past Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair of the WVPTA
- Member of the Morgantown North Rotary Club