Professor, Assistant Dean and Director, PT Clinical Services
- West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Human Performance - Physical Therapy
- BS, Physical Therapy West Virginia University, 1985
- PhD, West Virginia University, 1994
About Corrie Mancinelli
Dr. Mancinelli joined the faculty at WVU in 1993. She currently oversees much of the anatomy, kinesiology and geriatric course content. Her clinical expertise is in the area of adult reconstructive surgery and falls and balance in the elderly. She is a board certified geriatric clinical specialist, one of only 4 in the state of West Virginia. She is a past recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Clinical Service. She has been nominated for the Dean’s Distinguished Teacher award for several years.
- Mancinelli, C., Blaha, J. D., Simons, W., Kish, V.: The Envelope of Acceptable Screw Axes for the Knee Joint. Biomedical Engineering Recent Developments, 353 - 355, 1994.
- Mancinelli, C. A. and Blaha, J. D.: Rehabilitation after Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty. Seminars in Arthroplasty: Revision Total Knee Replacement, Vol. 7 (4): 336 - 341, 1996.
- Cutlip, R. G., Mancinelli, C. A., DePasquale, J. and Huber, F.: Evaluation of an Instrumented Walkway for the Measurement of the Kinematic Parameters of Gait. Gait & Posture 12(2): 108 - 112, 2000.
- Blaha, J. D., Mancinelli, C. A., Simons, W. H., Kish, V. L., Thyagarajan, G: Kinematics of the Human Knee: An investigation using Cadaver Knees in an Open-Chain Model with Differential Hamstring Loads. Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research 410: 25 – 34, 2003.
- Mancinelli, C.: “Speaking Of: Letting Go of Loved Ones and Home”. In Disability in Older Adults. Human Development & Performance Throughout the Lifespan, Cronin, A & Mandich M, eds. Delmar-Thompson, 2004.
- Mancinelli, C, Davis, DS, Aboulhosn, L, Brady, M, Eisenhofer, J, Foutty, S. The effects of massage on delayed onset muscle soreness and physical performance in female collegiate athletes. Physical Therapy in Sport 7 (2006) 5 - 13.
- Davis, DS, Bosley, EE, Gronell, LC, Keeney, SA, Rossetti, AM, Mancinelli, CA, and Petronis, JJ. The relationship of body segment length and vertical jump displacement in recreational athletes. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 20:1,2006.
- Mancinelli, C, Lee, M, Beckett, J, Johnson, A, Johnson, M. Evaluation of risk factors for lower extremity injury in rugby club players. Journal of Orthop and Sports PT 37 (1): 2007.
- Blaha, JD, Mancinelli, CA and Overgaard, K. Failure of sex to predict the size and shape of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91(6):19-22
- Stauber, W and Mancinelli,C: Delayed onset Muscle Soreness. In Athletic and Sport Issues in Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. Ed by Magee, Manske, Zachazewski and Quillen.WB Saunders, Co., Philadelphia, pp 423- 440, 2010.
- Lee, M, Bond, J, Keatts, A, Johnson, M, Mancinelli, C.Patterns of Lower Extremity Injury in USA Male Collegiate Rugby Club Players.Journal of Student Physical Therapy Research. 2011; 4(2):article 4.
- Mancinelli, C, Mandich, M and Utzman, R. Preventing Falls in Community Dwelling Older Adults with Visual Impairment. Insight. Research and Practice in Visual Impairment and Blindness. 2011; 4(3): 124-132.
- Davis, DS, Mancinelli, C, Petronis, J. Variables Associated with Level of Disability in Working Individuals with Non-acute Low Back Pain: A Cross-Sectional Investigation. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2013;43(2):97-104.
- Garcia, J, Lancaster, A, Rinkevich, H, Stemple, B, Rice, T, and Mancinelli, C. Correlation of Performance-Based Balance Measures and Posturography in Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury. Journal of Student Physical Therapy Research. 2013;6(2):article 3.
- Crook, J, Evans, M, Floyd, H, Saffell, R, Vincent, M, Mancinelli, C, Landvoight, M, Mottett, K, and Swisher, AK. Correlation of Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes with Sensation , Gait Characteristics and Balance. Journal of Student Physical Therapy Research. 2013;6(3):article 4.
*PT 706 Advanced Clinical Anatomy
*PT 716 Kinesiologic Foundations
*PT 743 Geriatric Physical Therapy
*PT 755 Evidence Based PT Practice 4
PT 746 Orthopedic PT 1 and 2
PT 723 Developmental Life Tasks
PT 756 Board Review
Dr. Mancinelli's clinical expertise includes arthrosis and joint replacement, balance and falls in the elderly and general orthopedics. She has an active clinical practice through the WVU Physical Therapy Group Practice and Balance Center.
Dr. Mancinelli serves as the Division Chair of Academic and Professional Standards. She also serves as the state liaison for the APTA section on geriatrics. She is a former exam writer for the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy. She is a reviewer for Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the Journal of Biomechanics, Physical Therapy in Sport, Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy and Physiotherapy.
Patient Care Information
Other Speciality Training, PhD, Anatomy
West Virginia University, 1994
Dr. Mancinelli is an orthopedic physical therapist with specialization in physical therapy evaluation and rehabilitation for individuals with arthritic and non-arthritic hip dysfunction and other musculoskeletal conditions. She also has specialty practice in vestibular and geriatric physical therapy.