- MD, WVU School of Medicine
- 1990 Medical Grand Rounds from West Virginia University Health Sciences Center: Smoke Inhalation. Battigelli, Mario, M.D., MPH, Halbritter, Kevin A., M.D., and Parker, John E., M.D. West Virginia Medical Journal, 1990.
- 1993 Elnicki M, Shockcor W, Morris D, Halbritter K. Creating an Objective Structured Clinical Examination for the Internal Medicine Clerkship Pitfalls and Benefits. Am J Med Sci. 306(2); 1993, 94-7.
- 1993 Elnicki DM, Halbritter KA, Shockcor WT, Shumway JM, Morris DK. Students' Performances of Invasive Procedures During a Medicine Clerkship. Acad Med. 68 (7), 1993, 582-3.
- 1994 Pfeifer MP, Sidorov JE, Layson R; Evans AT; Settle MB; Wallach PM; Adelman HM; Bolero J; Crnkovich DJ; Halbritter KA; Smith AE. The discussion of end-of-life medical care by primary care patients and physicians: A multi-centered study utilizing structured qualitative interviews. J Gen Intern Med. February 1994, 9(2): 82-88.
- 1996 Elnicki DM, Shumway JM, Halbritter KA, Morris DK. Interpretive and Procedural Skills of the Internal Medicine Clerkship: Performance and Supervision. 89(6); 1996, 603‑8.
- 1998 Cameron AE, Bashshur RL, Halbritter K, Johnson EM, Cameron JW, Simulation methodology for estimating financial effects of telemedicine in West Virginia., Telemed J. 1998 Summer;4(2):125-44.
- 1999 Elnicki DM, Halbritter KA, Antonelli MA, Linger B, Educational and career outcomes of an internal medicine preceptorship for first-year medical students., J Gen Intern Med. February 1999, Jun 14(6): 341-6.
- 2009 Jagannathan V, Mullett CJ, Arbogast JG, Halbritter KA, Yellapragada D, Regulapati S, Bandaru P. Assessment of commercial NLP engines for medication information extraction from dictated clinical notes. Int J Med Inform. 2009 Apr; 78(4):284-91.
- 2015 Kurczewski L, Sweet M, McKnight R, Halbritter K. Reduction of time to first action as a result of electronic alerts for early sepsis recognition. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly. 2015 Apr-Jun; 38(2) 182-7.
- 2015 Kurczewski L, Sweet M, McKnight R, Halbritter K. Reduction in time to first action as a result of electronic alerts for early sepsis recognition. Crit Care Nurse Q. 2015 Apr-Jun; 38(2):182-7.
- 2017 Ducatman AM, Tacker DH, Ducatman BS, Long D, Perrotta PL, Lawther H, Pennington K, Lander O, Warden M, Failinger C, Halbritter K, Pellegrino R, Treese M, Stead JA, Glass E, Cianciaruso L, Nau KC. Quality Improvement Intervention for Reduction of Redundant Testing. Acad Pathol. 2017 May 28;4
- 2017 Kara Zivin; Jessica White; Sandra Chao; Anna Christensen; Luke Horner; Dana Petersen; Morgan Hobbs; Grace Capreol,; Kevin Halbritter; Christopher Jones. Implementing Electronic Health Record Default Settings to Reduce Opioid Overprescribing: A Pilot Study. Pain Medicine (Accepted for publication, Oct. 2017
Phi Beta Kappa Honorary, WVU 1981
Phi Lamda Upsilon National Chemistry Honorary, WVU 1980
Phi Kappa Phi Honorary. WVU 1981
Leadership Award, WVU Hospitals 1994
Alpha Omega Alpha, WVU 1995
Innovation Award, WVU Hospitals 1997
Quality Award, WVU Hospitals 1998
Achievement in Performance Improvement Award, WVU Hospitals 1999
Masters of Change Award, WVU Hospitals 2001
Performance Improvement Award, WVU Hospitals 2001
Performance Improvement Team Award, WVU Hospitals 2013
Performance Improvement Team Award, WVU Hospitals 2016
Member, Board of Directors Physicians Accountable Care Solutions 2015-2018
Member, Board of Directors Mountainview Regional Rehabilitation Hospital 1997-2007
Member, Board of Directors West Virginia Health Information Network 2012-2017
About Kevin Halbritter
Dr. Kevin Halbritter, M.D. graduated from the West Virginia University School of Medicine and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the Department of Medicine at WVU in 1988, served as Chief Resident in 1988-89, and then stayed on as faculty. He served as the Vice President of Medical Affairs at WVU Hospital from 1998 to 2009. He was appointed to WVU Healthcare’s Executive Leadership Team for the implementation of their new electronic health record (EHR) from 2007-2009. In 2009 he was appointed to serve as the Chief Medical Information Officer for WVU Medicine. In 2017 he was appointed to the role of Vice President of Population Health at WVU Medicine. He maintains an interest in Healthcare Informatics.
Patient Care Information
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Residency, Internal Medicine
West Virginia University
Other Speciality Training, Internship
West Virginia University