- BS, Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 1995
- MS, Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 1995
- Bryner, R., D. Donley, R. Cutlip, O. Wirth, J. Park, A. Robertson, C. Garuccio, D. Cyphers, and S. Alway. 2004. Effects of a single downhill treadmill running bout on uncoupling protein 3 mRNA expression. Int. J. Sports Med., 25: 433-437.
- Bryner, R.W., D.R. Riggs, D.A. Donley, J.S. White, I. Ullrich, R.A. Yeater, D.L. Lamm. 2004. Effects of exercise training with and without BCG immunotherapy on the growth and metastasis of transplanted prostate cancer in rats. J. Exer. Physiol. online 7(3):75-83.
- Siu, P.M., D.A. Donley, R.W. Bryner, S.E. Alway. 2004. Myogenin and oxidative enzyme gene expression levels are elevated in rat soleus muscles after endurance training. J. Appl. Physiol. 97: 277-285.
- Siu, P.M., D.A. Donley, R.W. Bryner, S.E. Alway. 2003. Citrate synthase expression and enzyme activity after endurance training in skeletal and cardiac muscles. J. Appl. Physiol. 94:555-560.
About David Donley
POSITIONS AND EMPLOYMENT:
- 2003 - 2004 Program Manager, Health Behavior Research Center West Virginia University School of Medicine
- 2004 - Assistant Professor. West Virginia University School of Medicine Division of Exercise Physiology.
- Murphy ES, Vosloo J, Donley D, Richison K, Carson L. The Effects of Video Games to Promote Physical Activity in Obese Children. (Presented at 2006 National Prevention Summit, Washington, DC.)
- Murphy ES, Vosloo J, Donley D, Richison K, Carson L. An Innovative Physical Activity Project for Schools. (Presented at 2006 National Obesity Action Forum, Bethesda, MD.)
- Murphy, E., Donley, D., Carson, L., et al. An innovative home-based aerobic exercise intervention improves endothelial function in overweight West Virginia Children. (Presented at 2006 National American College of Sports Medicine Meetings)
- Diana Gilleland, Dan Bonner, James Thomas, David Donley, Sam Zizzi, Guyton Hornsby, Irma Ullrich, Rachel Yeater. A Weight Management Program With Costs Shared by Patients and Insurance Improves Adherence and Compliance. (Presented at 2006 National American College of Sports Medicine Meetings.)
- Murphy, E.S., Donley, D.A., Ullrich, I., Neal, W.A., and Yeater, R. Endothelial dysfunction on overweight, prepubertal children. (Presented at the 2005 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO) Annual Scientific Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia.)
- P. Siu, R. Bryner, D. Donley, D. Riggs, and S. Alway. Effect of endurance training on apoptotic markers in skeletal and heart muscles. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. [Suppl.] 2003
- EXPH 364: Kinesiology (Undergraduate
- EXPH 368: Laboratory Techniques & Methods (Undergraduate)
- EXPH 491: Professional Field Placement (Undergraduate)
- EXPH 493I: Honors Laboratory Techniques & Methods (Undergraduate)
- EXPH 496: Senior Thesis (Undergraduate)
- EXPH 670: Laboratory Techniques & Methods 2 (Graduate)
- EXPH 671: Stress Testing (Graduate)
- EXPH 673: Exercise Prescription (Graduate)