(MBRCC) Clinical Faculty
- West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Hematology / Oncology
- MD, Semmelweis Medical University, 1977
1. Halushka PV, Levanho A, Auber ML,: Arachidonic acid stimulates short circuit current in the isolated toad urinary bladder. J. Pharmacal Exp Ther 213:462-467,1980.
2. Kurzrock R, Auber ML, Mavligit GM: Cimetidine therapy of Herpes Simplex Virus infections in immunocompromised patients. Brit. J. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 12:326 1987.
3. Auber ML, Horwitz LJ, Blaauw A, Khorana S, Tucker S, Woods T, Warmuth M, Dicke KA, McCredie KB, Spitzer G: Evaluation of drugs for elimination of leukemic cells from the bone marrow of patients with acute leukemia. Blood 71:166-172,1988
4. Spinolo JA, Dicke KA, Horwitz LJ, Jagannath S, Zander AR, Auber ML, Spitzer G: Double intensification with amsacrinelhigh dose ara-C and high dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow transplantation produces durable remissions in acute myelogenous leukemia . Bone Marrow Transplantation 5, 111-118, 1990.
5. Auber M L, DeHaven JI, Raich PC, Rogers JS, Crowell EB, Romero P, Mahin EJ, Sosnowski JT, Lamm DL: IL-2/LAK cell treatment for advanced cancers with emphasis on a novel administration. West Virginia Medical Joumal87:344-346, 1991.
6 Higa, G., DeYore, R., Auber, M., et al: Biological and clinical correlates following chemotherapy and granulocyte colony stimulating factor. Pharmacotherapy 9/98; (18(1):1-8.
7. Higa, G.M., AIKhouri, N., Auber, M.L.: "Elevation of the Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate Precedes Exacerbation of Bleomycin-Induced Pulmonary Toxicity; Report of Two Cases and Review of Literature". Pharmacotherapy, 1998; 17(6):1315-1321.
8. Ericson, S.G., Gnegy, S., Auber, M., et al: " 'False Positive' Pregnancy Tests Pretransplant", Bone Marrow Transplantation, (1998) 20, 709-710.Higa, G.M., Auber, M.L., Phase IIII Study of a Four Drug Chemotherapy Regimen for Patients with Poor Prognosis Solid Tumors, Cancer Therapeutics I 0/00.
9. Grove, P.S., Auber M.L., Wenger S.L.: "Partial 7q Isochromosome in Bone Marrow Following Treatment of Hodgkin's Disease". The Journal of the Association of Genetic Technologists 29 (2), 2003
10. Qazilbash, M.H., Devetten M.P., Abraham J., Lynch J.P., Beall C.L., Auber M., Weisenborn R., Bunner P., Ericson S.G.: "High-Dose Therapy and Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation in Relapsed and Refractory Hodgkin's Disease: Outcome Based on a Prognostic Model" Acta Haematol2003; 110: 173-178
11. Hitendra PateP, Ronald Stoller1Miklos Auber, Douglas Potter3 Chao ai4William Zamboni 1Gauri Kiefer\ Khalid Matin 1, Amy Schmotzer 1, and Ramesh K. Ramanathan 1 : Phase II Study of Rubitecan, an Oral Camptothecin in Patients with Advanced Colorectal Cancer Who Have Failed Previous 5-Fluorouracil based Chemotherapy - Investigational New Drugs Vol24, pp#359-363, 2006.
12. Gerald M Higa PharmD, Miklos L Auber, MD, Ramin Altaha, MD, Debbie Piktel, BS, Sobha Kurian, MD, Gerry Hobbs, PhD, Kenneth Landreth, PhD “5-Hydroxyindoleacetic acid and sunstance P profiles in patients receiving emetogenic chemotherapy” J Oncol Pharm Practice, Vol 12: No 4, 2006
13. Kanate AS, Auber ML, Higa GM: "Priorities and uncertainties of administering chemotherapy in a pregnant woman with newly diagnosed colorectal cancer." J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2008 Aug 27.
14. Higa, G.M., Auber, M.L., Altaha R., Kurian, S., Hobbs, G.: "Concordance between substance P levels and antiemetic guidelines", The Journal of Supportive Oncology; 7:!38-142, Feb. 2009.
15. Alvin H. Moss, M.D., June R. Lunney, Ph.D., RN, Stacey Culp, Ph.D., Miklos Auber, M.D. Sobha Kurian, M.D., John Rogers, M.D., Joshua Dower, M.D. and Jame Abraham, M.D.; Prognostic Significance of the "Surprise" Question in Cancer Patients. Journal of Palliative Medicine Volume !3, Number 7, 2010
16. Gerald M Higa, Miklos L Auber, Gerry Hobbs: Identification of a novel marker associated with risk for delayed chemotherapy-induced vomiting. Supportive Care in Cancer, ISSN 0941-4355; Published online: 14 February 2012.
17. Farhad Khimani, MD, Christina Hoban, PharmD, Vicky Williams, MD, Blanche Mavromatis, MD, Miklos L. Auber MD, Jame Abraham, MD, Gerald M. Higa, PharmD "Efficacy of solubilized vemurafenib administered via nasogastric tube" Future Oncology; 201410(2), 165-170.
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS:
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Medical Oncology Fellowship, 1984-1988
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1978-1980
Fourth Prizewinner at the 1986 Annual Clinical Training Research Project Competition of the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Title: "Evaluation of Drugs for Elimination of Leukemic Cells from the Bone Marrow of Patients with Acute Leukemia."
Grand Prize: "The Madzsar-Prize" of the Semmelweis Medical University in 1975 University-wide Medical Student Competition. Title: "Current Treatment of Prostate Cancer"
Second Prize of the Semmelweis Medical University in 1973 University-wide Medical Student Competition Title: “The Role of the Vegetative Nervous System in the Development of Shock"
Life member of Kingston National Registry of Who's Who. Published in the 2002 Edition (National Registry No. 183562)
Nominee for "Clinician of the year 2007'' award
West Virginia State Medical Association
About Miklos Auber
Dr. Miklos Auber received his Baccalaureate - Maturity Degree (1971) from Apaczai Csere Janos High School, Budapest Hungary and Post Baccalaureate – MD in Medicine (1977) at Semmelweis Medical University, Budapest, Hungary. His Postgraduate/Postdoctoral education was as a Clinical Pharmacology Fellow (1981) which was completed at the Medical University of South Carolina, in Charleston and his Internal Medicine Residency (1984) at Louisiana State University School of Medicine, in Shreveport and a Medical Oncology Fellowship (1988) at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Prior to coming to West Virginia University, Dr. Auber’s academic career was Teaching Associate at MD Anderson Cancer Center (1988) in Houston, TX. In 1988, he joined the Hematology/Oncology Section at WVU, Department of Medicine, as an Assistant Professor and promoted to Associate Professor in 1995. He is Board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
During Dr. Auber’s academic and professional career, he received several awards the most recent being the “2016 Awards of Excellence” of the WVU Cancer Institute and WVU Medicine Cancer Service Line (2017), in additional to having several publications/abstracts/research clinical trials and grant support to his credit.
Dr. Auber is a member of the West Virginia State Medical Association, West Virginia Oncology Society, and Life member of Kingston National Registry of Who’s Who. Published in the 2002 Edition (National Registry No. 183562).
Grants and Research
Research Support (Grants):
1. WV Senate Appropriation ($ 50,000.00) to study supportive care issues in patients with cancer. Grant received Sep 2006
2. Merck and Co($ 49,810.00) to analyze 5-HIAA and substance P profiles in patients receiving emetogenic chemotherapy. Grant period, 2004-2006.
3. NIH Grant (Rl5)- Biochemical regulation of substance P mediated delayed chemotherapy induced vomiting. Submitted: September 2009.
1. Clinical Protocol FOXFIREGlobal CIP STX0112- "Assessment of Overall Survival of FOLFOX6m plus SIR-Spheres microspheres versus FOLFOX6m alone as first - line treatment in patients with non-resectable liver metastases from primary colorectal carcinoma in a randomized clinical study" Principal Investigator: Miklos Auber, M.D. The protocol is closed to Accrual.
2. Clinical Protocol E1609: (CIRB) "A Phase III Randomized Study of Adjuvant Ipilimumab Anti CTLA4 Therapy Versus High-Dose Interferone Alpha 2b for resected High-Risk Melanoma" Principal Investigator: Miklos Anber, M.D.The protocol is closed to Accrual.
3. Clinical Protocol ET743 - SAR - 3007: "A Randomized Controlled Study of Yondelis (Trabectedin) or Dacarbazine for the Treatment of Advanced Liposarcoma or Leiomyosarcoma" Principal Investigator: Miklos Auber, M.D. The protocol is currently closed to accrual.
4. Clinical Protocol R 9811 "A Phase III Randomized Study of 5-FU, Mitomycin C and Radiotherapy versus 5-FU, Cisplatin and Radiotherapy in Carcinoma of the Anal Canal". Principal Investigator: Miklos Auber, M.D. This protocol at present is closed to accrual.
5. ECOG 1697: "A Phase III Randomized Stndy of 4 weeks of High Dose Interferon -2b in Patients with Stage T3 or T4 or NI Microscopic Malignant Melanoma". Principal Investigator: Miklos Auber, M.D. This protocol at present is closed to accrual.
Patient Care Information
- Cancer / Oncology
- Medical Oncology (Cancer)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Fellowship, Clinical Pharmacology
Medical University of South Carolina, 1981
Residency, Internal Medicine
Louisiana State University, 1984
Fellowship, Medical Oncology
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1988