About Luis Quiroga
Dr. Quiroga was born and raised in Cordoba, Argentina. He received his medical degree and worked as a doctor in Argentina before immigrating to the USA.
- MD, John Hopkins University
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapters:
- Quiroga, L, and Redett, R. J. Perinatal Brachial Plexus Injury Chapter. Cabana, Michael. 5-Minute Pediatric Consult. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2018.
- Payne, R, M, Quiroga, L, & Caffrey, J, A. Burns Open. Use of vascular clips to approximate skin grafts on the burned hand. 2018, Jul; Volume 2(Issue 3): 126–129.
- Quiroga, L, Ebrahim, S, Asif, M & Caffrey, J. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (JPRAS)Open. Dangerous games: Pool shock chemical burn to the face. 2018, Jun; Volume 16(n/a): 105 108.
- Asif, M., Quiroga, L., Sabo, A., & Caffrey, J. (2018). Complication of solar branding: Report of a case and the review of the literature. Clinical case reports, 7(1), 104-106. doi:10.1002/ccr3.1847
- Assi, P., Quiroga, L., Gerold, K., & Caffrey, J. (2018). Endotracheal Tube Fixation in Patients with Facial Burns, What Are the Options? Eplasty, 18, ic19.
- Kliffo, K., Quiroga, L., Hultman, C.S. (June 2019). Impact of Substance Use on Outcomes Following Inhalation Injury Among Adult Burn Patients: Retrospective Study. Burns & Trauma
- Quiroga L, Asif M, Lagziel T, et al. (August 09, 2019) E-Cigarette Battery Explosions: Review of the Acute Management of the Burns and the Impact on Our Population. Cureus 11(8): e5355. doi:10.7759/cureus.5355
- Quiroga L, Asif M, Lagziel T, et al. (August 20, 2019) Waking Up Blind in the ICU: A Case Report of Ischemic Optic Neuropathy in a Burn Patient. Cureus 11(8): e5437. doi:10.7759/cureus.5437
- Asif M, Quiroga L, Lagziel T, Ladd SB, Caffrey J. A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Management of Severe Purpura Fulminans in a Burn Center: A Case Series. Cureus. 2019;11(8):e5478. Published 2019 Aug 25. doi:10.7759/cureus.5478
- Lagziel T, Quiroga L, Ramos M, Hultman CS, Asif M. Two False Negative Test Results in a Symptomatic Patient with a Confirmed Case of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) and Suspected Stevens-Johnson Syndrome/Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (SJS/TEN). Cureus. 2020;12(5):e8198. Published 2020 May 19. doi:10.7759/cureus.8198
- The Fundamentals of Critical Care Support class for PA residents and RNs Basic Trauma and Burn support, Instructor, Johns Hopkins University, Department of Plastic Surgery, Baltimore, MD
- Plastic Surgery Lecture at Johns Hopkins University: Facial Burns: The principles of its management and challenges of reconstructive surgery
- Abstract- Poster Presentation at the ABA 51th Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, April 2-5, 2019 Predicting Mortality in Burns- What are the implications of the prevalent comorbidities?
- Abstracts-Poster Presentation at the ABA 50th Annual Meeting in Chicago, April 10-13, 2018: Quiroga L. Assif, M. Caffrey J. E-Cigarette Battery Explosion: A Review of Six Cases.
- Quiroga L, Ebrahim S, Caffrey J. Classification and Prognostic Factors in Inhalation Injuries –Correlation between carboxyhemoglobin levels and outcomes in smoke inhalation injuries.
- Abstracts- Poster Presentation at the Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Miami, FL. February 2013. Quiroga L, Rocha FG, Helton WS. "Celiac Artery Stenosis in Patients Undergoing Pancreaticoduodenectomy."
- Graduated Valedictorian (Summa Cum Laude) from Medical School
- First Place in the National Academic Olympiad for Medical Students, Argentina.
Luis' career interests include novel agents for wound healing that minimize donor site morbidity and health services research and global health. In his spare time, Dr. Quiroga enjoys traveling, cooking, music, and hiking.