About Kristen Hardy
Dr. Hardy was born and raised in Charleston, WV. She is proud to continue serving her home state as a plastic surgery resident.
- MD, West Virginia University, 2020
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Mullens C, Hardy K, Hernandez J, McCulloch I, Gabbay J, Ueno C. #PlasticSurgery: A Comparative Deep Dive Analysis into Social Media and Plastic Surgery. Plastic and Recon Surg. Pending Publication, Sept 2020.
- Hardy K, Mullens C, McCulloch I, Manders E, Ueno C, Mason A. Prolonged Allograft Survival in Immunocompromised Patients. ACS Case Reviews in Surgery, 2020; 2(5).
- McCulloch I, Mullens C, Hardy K, Cardinal J, Ueno C. Linea Arcuate Hernia Following Transversus Abdominis Release Incisional Hernia Repair. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 82:85-88. January 2019.
- Mullens C, McCulloch I, Hardy K, Mathews R, Mason A. Associations between Orofacial Clefting and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. PRS Global Open. 2019; 7(1):e2095.
- Luo S, Alves J, Hardy K, Wang X, Page K. Neural processing of food cues in pre-pubertal children: Neural food cue reactivity in children. Pediatric Obesity. 2019;14(2):e12435
- Hardy K, Fuller K, Rokosz J, Ueno C. An Analysis of the Differences in Pre- and Post- Breast Reconstruction Quality of Life in Appalachian Patients and Patients from Metropolitan Areas Using Breast-Q© Data. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 227:78. October 2018.
- May 2020, Bert Bradford Award for Excellence in Surgery
- May 2020, American Medical Women’s Association Glasgow Reuben Certificate Recipient
- May 2019, American College of Surgeons West Virginia Chapter Case Report Competition Winner- Charleston Campus
- March 2019, West Virginia University/Charleston Area Medical Center Research Day Winner
Professional Societies/Leadership Positions:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society Member
- Baking and traveling.