About Amie Ashcraft
Dr. Amie Ashcraft received her PhD from the Virginia Commonwealth University in experimental/social psychology. In 2006, she received her Master of Public Health in Epidemiology from the University of California.
- MPH, University of California, Berkeley, 2006
- PhD, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2004
- MA, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2001
- BA, Shepherd University, 1999
Shrader, C. D., Assadzandi, S., Pilkerton, C., & Ashcraft, A. M. (2020) Responding to a COVID-19 Outbreak at a Long-Term Care Facility . United States: Journal of Applied Gerontology. Retrieved from 1 Medical Center Drive, Box 9152
Ashcraft, A. M., Farjo, S., Ponte, C. D., Dotson, S., Sambamoorthi, U., & Murray, P. J. (2020) Harder to Get Than You Think: Levonorgestrel Emergency Contraception Access in West Virginia Community Pharmacies . Journal of the American Pharmacists Association.
Ashcraft, A. (2020) HIV in Adolescents: Risk, Prevention, Screening, and Treatment An article for a larger adolescent health thematic issue for Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice (Vol. 47, pp. 351–365). Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice.
Peckens, S., Linger, N., Capito, J., Elavsky Adelman, M. M., Peklinsky, R., Crocetti, E., … Ashcraft, A. M. (2020) Improving Nephropathy Screening in Appalachian Patients with Diabetes Using Practice-Wide Outreach. Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management.
- Chair's Research Award - (June 26, 2020)
- Faculty Mentoring Award for Resident Research - (June 26, 2020)
- Chair's Research Award - (June, 2019)
- Faculty Mentoring Award for Resident Research - (June, 2019)
- WVU Demo Day Winner - (April 20, 2018)
Dr. Ashcraft’s role in the department is to support scholarly activity among the faculty and residents. She will be helping our QI teams and specialty clinics to write up and present their data, and she is planning to begin evaluation research with the WVU STEPS Center.
Randomized Controlled Trial