- MD, University of Utah
- MPH, University of South Florida
- MBA, University of Chicago
- Jacobson GM, Sause WT, and O'Brien RT. Dose response analysis of pediatric neuroblastoma to megavoltage radiation. American journal of clinical oncology: the official publication of the American Radium Society 1984; 7:693-697. PMID: 6442101
- Jacobson GM, Sause WT, Thomson JW, and Plenk HP. Breast irradiation following silicone gel implants. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 1986; 12:835-838. PMID: 3086262
- Jacobson GM, Smith JA, Jr., and Stewart JR. Postoperative radiation therapy for pathologic stage C prostate cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 1987;13:1021-1024. PMID: 3597144
- McNeely LK, Jacobson GM, Leavitt DD, and Stewart JR. Electron arc therapy: chest wall irradiation of breast cancer patients. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 1988;14:1287-1294. PMID: 3384727
- Morrill SM, Lane RG, Jacobson GM, and Rosen, II. Treatment planning optimization using constrained simulated annealing. Physics in Medicine and Biology 1991;36:1341-1361. PMID: 1745662
- Jacobson GM, Kamath RS, Smith BJ, and Goodheart MJ. Thromboembolic events in patients treated with definitive chemotherapy and radiation therapy for invasive cervical cancer. Gynecologic Oncology 2004;96:470-474. PMID: 15661237
- Jacobson GM, Venous thromboembolism in cancer patients and its relationship to coagulation cascade and vascular endothelial growth factor. Supportive Cancer Therapy. 2005; 3:1. Invited review. PMID: 18632434
- Jacobson GM, Betts V, and Smith B. Change in volume of lumpectomy cavity during external-beam irradiation of the intact breast. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, 2006; 64:1161-1164. PMID: 16682143
- Goodheart M, Jacobson GM, Smith B, and Zhou L. Chemoradiation for invasive cervical cancer in elderly patients: outcomes and morbidity. International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer: 2007; 18:95-103. PMID: 17466049
- Jacobson, GM, Lammli, J, Zamba, G, Hua, L, Goodheart, M. Thromboembolic events in patients with cervical carcinoma: Incidence and Effect on Survival. Gynecology Oncology. 2009; 113: 240-244. PMID: 19251310
- Grunwald, H, Storm, C, and Jacobson, GM. When is standard treatment sufficiently active to make use of a placebo controlled trial unethical? Journal of Oncology Practice. 2009: 5(2): 74-75. PMID: 20856725
- Jacobson, GM, Cain, J. Ethical issues related to patient use of complementary and alternative medicine. Journal of Oncology Practice. 2009: 5(3) 124-126. PMID: 20856751
- Hadzic T, Aykin- Burns N, Zhu Y, Colman MC, Leick K, Jacobson GM, Spitz DR. Paclitaxel combined with inhibitors of glucose and hydroperoxide metabolism enhances breast cancer cell killing via H2O2-mediated oxidative stress. Free Radic Biol Med. 20120; 48(8): 1024-1033. PMID:
- Lutgendorf SK, Mullen-Houser EA, Russell D, DeGeest K, Jacobson GM, Hart L, Bender D, Buekers T, Goodheart M, Antoni M, Sood AK, Lubaroff DM. Preservation of immune function in cervical cancer patients during chemoradiation using a novel integrative approach. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 2010;24(8):1231-1240. PMID: 20600809
- Andrews SD, Wilcoxon R, Benda J, Jacobson GM. Angiosarcoma following MammoSite® partial breast irradiation. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. May 2010. PMID: 20496164
- Jacobson GM, Zamba G, Betts V, Muruganandham M, Buechler-Price J. Image-based treatment planning of the post-lumpectomy breast utilizing CT and 3TMRI. International Journal of Breast Cancer. 2011;2011:246265. PMID:22295215
- Fornalik H, Goodheart M, Buekers T, DeGeest K, Jacobson GM. Aspirin and warfarin are associated with improved overall survival in medically inoperable endometrial cancer patients treated with radiation therapy. Gynecology & Obstetrics. 2012
- Hyer DE, Sheybani A, Jacobson GM, Kim Y. The dosimetric impact of heterogeneity corrections in high dose rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer: investigation of both conventional Point-A and volume-optimized plans. Brachytherapy. 2012 Mar 3. PMID: 22386723
- Jacobson GM, Bhatia S, Smith BJ, Button AM, Bodeker K, Buatti J. Randomized Trial of Pentoxifylline and Vitamin E versus Standard Follow-up After Breast Irradiation to Prevent Breast Fibrosis, Evaluated by Tissue Compliance Meter (TCM). International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, July 28, 2012. PMID: 22846413
- Sun W, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM, Flynn RT, Kim Y. Target volume changes through high-dose-rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer when evaluated on high resolution (3.0 Tesla) magnetic resonance imaging. Practical Radiation Oncology (2012) 2, e101-106. PMID: 24674171
- Rockey WM, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM, Kim Y. The dosimetric impact of vaginal balloon-packing on intracavitary high dose rate brachytherapy for gynecological cancer.J Contemp Brachytherapy.2013 Mar; 5(1):1-22.PMID 2363415
- Chi A, Wen S, Nguyen NP, Jacobson G, Remick S, Tse W, Liao Z. Extra-pleural pneumonectomy in the setting of tri-modality therapy for patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.Chin J Cancer Res 2013 Apr;25(2):128-9. Doi: 10.3978/j.issn. 1000-9604.2013.02.05. No abstract available.PMID: 23592890
- Jacobson GM, Marano G, Hazard H, Abraham J. Detection of Axillary Lymph Node Metastases with FDG PET/CT in Breast Cancer Patients Scheduled for Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2013 Apr-Jun;3(2 Suppl 1):S24-5. Doi: 10.1016/j.ppro.2013.01.087. Epub 2013 Mar 25. No abstract available. PMID: 24674524
- Andersen J, Xia J, Flynn R, Modrick J, Bhatia S, Jacobson G, Kim Y. High Resolution (3 Tesla) MRI-Guided Conformal Brachytherapy for Cervical Cancer: Consequences of Different High-Risk Clinical Target Volumes. Journal of Contemporary Brachytherapy. 2013 Jun;5(2): 101-9 PMID:23878555
- Li HL, TenNapel MJ, Ahmed, A, Lin L, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM, Uterine carcinosarcoma confined to the pelvis. Journal of Radiotherapy, vol. 2014, Article ID 124149, 8 pages, 2014.Doi:10.1155/2014/124149.
- Ward MM, Ullrich F, Matthews K, Rushton G, Tracy R, Goldstein MA, Bajorin DF, Kosty MP, Bruinooge SS, Hanley A, Jacobson GM, Lynch CF. Where do Iowa patients get radiation therapy? J Oncol Practice 2014. PMID: 24443730
- Sheybani A, Tennapel MJ, Lack, WD, Heyer DE, Jacobson GM.The risk of radiation-induced malignancy with heterotopic ossification prophylaxis: A case control analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014 May 3. Pii: S0360-3016(14)00296-X. doi: 10.1016/j.jrobp.2014.03.008.PMID: 24803038.
- Ward MM, Ulrich F, Rushton G, Bajorin DF, Jacobson GM, Lynch CF.Reply to C. Anderson and J. Buatti.J Oncol Pract.2014 May 13, pii: JOP.2014.001444. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.PMID: 24824541
- Hahn C, Kavanagh B, Bhatnagar A, Jacobson G, et al. Choosing Wisely; the American Society for Radiation Oncology’s Top 5 List. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2014;4(6):349-55. doi: 10.1016/j.prro.2014.06.003. PMID: 25407853
- Chaudhary LN, Knapp SK, Wen S, Xiao J, Marano G, Kurian S, Layne G, Jacobson G, Abraham J.Radiation exposure from diagnostic procedures in patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer. JCSO 2015; 13:27-29.PMID: 25839063
- Jacobson GM, Partin JF, Salkeni MA. Optimal management of sentinel lymph node positive biopsy patients in early breast cancer. Ann Transl Med. 2015 May;3(7):87. PMID: 26015929
- Guttmann D, Li H, Grover S, Bhatia S, Chu C, Jacobson G, Rubin S, Lin LL. The impact of adjuvant therapy on survival and recurrence patterns in women with early stage uterine cancer: a multi-institutional study. Int. J Gynecol Cancer. 2016 Jan. PMID: 26509850
- Kirchheiner K, Pötter R, Tanderup K, Lindegaard JC, Haie-Meder C, Petrič P, Mahantshetty U, Jürgenliemk-Schulz IM, Rai B, Cooper R, Dörr W, Nout RA.EMBRACE Collaborative Group, (Jacobson GM is a member of EMBRACE collaborative group). Health-Related Quality of Life in Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer Patients After Definitive Chemoradiation Therapy Including Image Guided Adaptive Brachytherapy: An Analysis From the EMBRACE Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015 Dec 29. PMID: 2687695
- McGuire SM, Bhatia, SK, Sun W, Jacobson G, Menda Y, Ponto L, Smith B, Gross B, Bayouth J, Sunderland J, Graham M, Buatti J. Using [18F] Fluorothymidine Imaged With Positron Emission Tomography to Quantify and Reduce Hematologic Toxicity Due to Chemoradiation Therapy for Pelvic Cancer Patients. Int J Radia Onol Biol Phys. 2016 April 19. pii: S0360-3016(16)30112-2. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2016.04.009. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 27319286
- Mattes MD, Cardinal JS, Jacobson GM.Delayed radiation-induced inflammation accompanying a marked carbohydrate antigen 19-9 elevation in a patient with resected pancreatic cancer.Radiat Oncol J. 2016 Jun 17. doi:10.3857/roj.2016.01732 [Epub ahead of print] PMID:27306770
- Jacobson GM, Miller M, Bunda-Randall-N, Wen S. Axillary lymph node coverage with 3D tangential field irradiation and correlation with heart and lung dose. Accepted by Advances in Radiation Oncology July 2017.
- Jacobson, GM, Siochi, RA. Low-energy intraoperative radiation therapy and competing risks of local control and normal tissue toxicity. Front. Oncol. 7:212. PMID: 28983466
- Nixon E, Eng B, Modrick JE, Jacobson GM. Retrospective evaluation of single treatment plan per course vs plan per fraction for high dose rate vaginal cylinders. Brachytherapy 2006: 5(2): 102.
- Nixon E, Modrick JM, and Jacobson GM. “Comparison of ICRU reference point rectal and bladder doses and 3D volumetric parameters for high dose rate (HDR) tandem and ovoid brachytherapy based on 2D versus 3D planning.” Accepted for Poster Presentation at American Brachytherapy Society Annual Meeting Chicago, IL. April 29-May 1, 2007.
- Jacobson GM, Goodheart, M, Smith, BJ, Zhou, L. Decreased survival in cervical cancer patients with thromboembolic events. 2007 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings.
- Jacobson GM. High dose rate intracavitary brachytherapy combined with external radiotherapy for medically inoperable endometrial cancer. 2008 World Congress of Brachytherapy. Boston, MA.
- Jacobson GM. High dose rate intracavitary brachytherapy combined with external radiotherapy for medically inoperable endometrial cancer. Brachytherapy, the official journal of the ABS, April/May 2008 Supplement.
- Kim Y, Muruganandham M, Bayouth JE, Modrick JM, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM. Evaluation of 3 Tesla MR image distortion and artifacts in a titanium applicator presence: Toward 3T MRI guided HDR brachytherapy for cervical cancer. Med Phys 2008; 35:2970.
- Kim Y, Modrick JM, Bayouth JE, Pennington EC, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM. Is a volume-based HDR brachytherapy optimization algorithm comparable to a classic line-based one?: Toward tumor-volume adaptive brachytherapy for cervical cancer by 3T MRI guidance. Med Phys 2008;35(6):2727.
- Kim Y, Huang Y, Bayouth JE, Flynn RT, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM, Modrick JM. Dosimetric consequences of the prescription point H of ABS recommendation in the era of MRI guided brachytherapy for cervical cancer: Based on GYN GEC-ESTRO Recommendation of MRI Guided Brachytherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008;72(1):S586-587.
- Sun W, Kim Y, Bhatia SK, Bayouth JE, Betts V, Pelland D, Jacobson GM. Simultaneous boosting for pelvic lymph nodes and organ sparing by selective avoidance IMRT for cervical cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008;72(1):S587.
- Modrick JM, Jacobson GM, Bayouth JE. Evaluation of change in the lumpectomy cavity during radiation therapy by weekly ultrasound and by daily ultrasound localization during the radiation boost dose. ASTRO Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, Sept 21-25, 2008.
- Nixon E, Kim Y, Kearney W, Modrick J, Jacobson GM, Bhatia S, Bayouth JE. HDR Brachytherapy Tandem and Ovoid Titanium Applicator Safety Assessment in 3T MRI. The first World Congress of Brachytherapy (ABS and GEC-ESTRO) 2008 Conference. Brachytherapy, 2008;7(2):135.
- Kim K, Nixon E, Modrick JM, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM. On the radiobiologic implications for intracavitary HDR brachytherapy of cervical carcinoma: Based on 3D CT imaging and GYN GEC-ESTRO Recommendations. The first World Congress of Brachytherapy (ABS and GEC-ESTRO) 2008 Conference. Brachytherapy, 2008;7(2):168.
- Olson AK, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM, Modrick JM, Kim Y, Siochi RAC. High dose rate brachytherapy for carcinoma of the uterine cervix: A comparison of fractionation schemes and development of acute toxicity. The first World Congress of Brachytherapy (ABS and GEC-ESTRO) 2008 Conference. Brachytherapy, 2008;7(2):154.
- Jacobson, GM, Smith, B. A randomized trial of pentoxifylline and vitamin E versus standard follow-up after breast irradiation to prevent breast fibrosis, evaluated by tissue compliance meter (TCM). Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2008; 26:30s.
- Kim Y, Modrick JM, Bayouth JE, Bhatia KS, Jacobson GM. Logistics of Tandem and Ovoids HDR Plan Optimization in MRI-Guided Brachytherapy for Cervical Cancer: Comparisons of Standard, Graphical, and Inverse Optimization. ABS 2009 (Submitted: Nov 17 2008).
- Kim Y, Muruganandham M, Bayouth JE , Waldron TJ, Modrick JM , Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM. Feasibility of Source Markers for a Titanium Tandem and Ovoids Applicator in MRI Guided Brachytherapy: Implications on Source Reconstruction on 3 Tesla MR Images. ABS 2009 (Submitted: Nov 17 2008).
- Sun W, Bhatia SK, Zimmerman MB, Jacobson GM. F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in primary cervical cancer and regional lymph nodes predicts prognosis after radiation therapy. Presented at 2009 ARS Annual Meeting.
- Duncan CE, Olson AK, Grienke J, Power R, Hamer M, and Jacobson GM. Accurate coding: Education paves the way to success. Presented at ARS 2009.
- Duncan CE, Olson AK, Jacobson GM. Inoperable endometrial carcinoma treated with definitive radiotherapy: Survival, local control and treatment side effects. Presented at ABS 2009.
- Buechler-Price JL, Betts V, Muruganandham M, Zamba G, Jacobson GM. Image-based treatment planning of the post-lumpectomy breast utilizing CT and 3T MRI. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2009;75(3):S209.
- Sun W, Bhatia SK, Zimmerman MB, Jacobson GM. F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in primary cervical cancer and regional lymph nodes predicts prognosis after radiation therapy. Presented at 2010 ESTRO Annual Meeting.
- Sun W, Bhatia SK, Zimmerman MB, Jacobson GM. F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in primary cervical cancer and regional lymph nodes predicts prognosis after radiation therapy. Presented at MIRO 2010.
- McGuire S, Jacobson GM, Menda y, Ponto L, Gross B, Malik J, Bayouth J. Using [18F]FLT-PET imaging in IMRT planning to avoid pelvic bone marrow for cervical cancer patients. Radiotherapy and Oncology. 94(1): S-20, 2010.
- Jacobson GM, Modrick J, Buechler-Price J, Betts V, Muruganandham M, Bayouth J. Comparison of 3D ultrasound, CT, and MRI for target definition in the post lumpectomy breast. Presented at ASTRO 2010.
- Jacobson GM. Changing patterns of radiotherapy for post-operative endometrial cancer 2000-2008. Presented at 13th Biennial Meeting of the International Gynecological Cancer Society Prague; October 23-26, 2010.
- Olson AK, Bhatia S, Duncan C, Betts V, Smith B, Jacobson GM. Definitive radiation therapy for the treatment of inoperable endometrial cancer: pelvic radiation followed by HDR brachytherapy or IMRT/conformal boost. Presented at ASTRO 2010.
- Kim Y, Sun W, Bhatia SK, Jabobson GM. The changes of target volumes between external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy and between each fraction of MRI-guided brachytherapy for GYN cancer. Presented at ASTRO 2010.
- Sun W, Betts V, Jacobson GM. Hypofractionated whole breast radiotherapy in an academic medical center: acute and late morbidity and utilization trends. Presented at 2010 Breast Cancer Symposium.
- Kim Y, Xia J, Sun W, Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM. Tandem and Ovoids Brachytherapy for Cervical Cancer When Evaluated by High Resolution (3.0 Tesla) MRI. Medical Physics (Accepted. AAPM 2010).
- McGuire S, Jacobson GM, Menda Y, Ponto L, Gross B, Bayouth J. FLT PET imaging for weekly evaluation of bone marrow compensatory response to chemoradiation therapy in cervical cancer patients. Cancer Imaging and Radiation Therapy Symposium. Atlanta, Georgia. April 29 – 30, 2011.
- Flynn RT, Kim Y, Jacobson G, Wu X, "Compensator-based intensity modulated brachytherapy for cervical cancer," 2011 Joint AAPM-COMP Meeting, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Price JB, Betts V, Jacobson GM, Breast Electron Boost: Dosimetric Comparison of Clinical versus Image-based Planning. American Radium Society Annual Meeting, May 1-4, 2011.
- Rockey WM , Bhatia SK, Jacobson GM, Kim Y. The Dosimetric Impact of Vaginal Balloon Packing on Brachytherapy for Gynecological Cancer. ASTRO Annual Meeting, October 2-6, 2011.
- D. Hyer, A. Sheybani, G. Jacobson and Y. Kim, “The impact of heterogeneity corrections in high dose rate brachytherapy,” Med Phys 38, 3573 (2011).
- McGuire SM, Jacobson GM, Menda L, Ponto B, Gross B, Bayouth JE, “F-18 Fluorothymidine (FLT) PET Imaging for Weekly Evaluation of Tumor Response to Chemoradiation Therapy in Patients with Cervical Cancer”, International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology, Physics, Vol 81, Number 2 supplement, number 3245, pS804, 2011.
- Wallace A, McGuire S, Gross B, Jacobson G. Patterns of hematologic toxicity in patients treated with chemoradiotherapy for cervical cancer 2008-2010. ACRO Annual Meeting, February 23-25, 2012.
- Kim Y, Muruganandham M, Flynn R, Modrick J, Jacobson G. MRI guided, conformal brachytherapy for cervical cancer. AAPM Spring Clinical meeting. March 17-20, 2012
- Jacobson GM. A randomized trial of pentoxifylline and vitamin E versus standard follow up after breast irradiation to prevent breast fibrosis, evaluated by tissue compliance meter (TCM). American Radium Society Annual Meeting. May 2, 2012.
- Wallace AS, Wenqing S, Bhatia SK, Tennapel MJ, Jacobson GM. A Perspective Cross-sectional Study of the Quality of Life in Cervical Cancer Patients Treated with Radiotherapy. Poster presentation at the 14th Biennial Meeting of the International Gynecological Cancer Society (IGCS 2012).
- Hashem R, Winter K, Ruo R, Portelance L, Jhingran A, Demas W, Jacobson GM, Gaffney D. Defining the Impact of the Use of Oral Contrast in Pelvic Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT. An RTOG 0418 Secondary Analysis.) Presented at ASTRO 2012.
- Li H, Tennapel A, Ahmed A, Jacobson GM, and Bhatia SK. Retrospective Review of Patients with Carcinosarcoma of Uterus Confined to Pelvis – Outcome Analysis. University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. October 2012.
- Jacobson GM, Marano G, Hazard H, Abraham, J. Detection of axillary lymph node metastases and extra-axillary metastases with FDG PET/CT in breast cancer patients scheduled for neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Cancer Imaging and Radiation Therapy Symposium. Orlando. February 8, 2013. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2013 Apr-Jun;3(2 Suppl 1):S24-5. Doi: 10. 1016/j.prro.2013.01.087. Epub 2013 Mar 25. PMID: 24674524.
- McGuire SM, Jacobson GM, Bhatia SK, Sun W, Menda Y, et al., “Using serial FLT PET imaging during radiation therapy to evaluate the radiation fractionation effect on bone marrow activity”Joint Workshop-Technology for innovation in Radiation Oncology. June 13-14, 2013, Bethesda.
- Sheybani A, Tennapel MJ, Lack, WD, Heyer DE, Jacobson GM. “The risk of radiation-induced malignancy with heterotopic ossification prophylaxis: A case control analysis.” ASTRO Annual Meeting September 22-24, 2013, Atlanta
- Jacobson GM, Wen S, Zhang, Hazard H, Abraham. Mean radiation dose to the heart in patients with breast cancer. Poster discussion at ASCO Breast Cancer Symposium September 7-9 2013. San Francisco
- Chaudary LN, Wen S, Marano G, Jacobson G, et al. Radiation exposure in patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer within first year from diagnostic procedures. Accepted as poster Breast Cancer Symposium September 7-9, 2013
- Jacobson GM, Watson, CW, Zhang J, Wen S, Bunda-Randall NH. Mean radiation dose to the heart in left breast cancer patients with and without breath-hold technique. Poster discussion ASCO 2014 Breast Cancer Symposium, September 2014. San Francisco
- Hahn C, Kavanagh B, Bhatnagar A, Jacobson GM, et al. Choosing Wisely: The American Society for Radiation Oncology’s Top Five List. ASTRO Annual Meeting, September 12-14, 2014. San Francisco
- Guttmann D, Li H, Grover S, Bhatia S, Jacobson GM, Lin L. The Impact of adjuvant therapy on survival endpoints in women with early stage uterine carcinosarcoma: a multi-institutional study. ASTRO Annual MeetingOctober 2015, San Antonio
- Miller M, Jacobson GM, Bunda-Randall N, Wen S. Axillary lymph node coverage with 3D tangential field radiation and correlation with heart and lung dose.Annual Radium Society meeting. April18, 2016. Philadelphia
- Farrugia, M, Jacobson, GM, Incidence of PET/CT detected internal mammary nodal involvement in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Accepted for ASTRO Annual meeting 2017. San Diego
- Shaikh, MP, Alite, F, Wu, M, Jacobson, GM, Postmastectomy radiotherapy for node-negative patients with tumor size of five centimeters or more: a meta-analysis. Presented at ASTRO Annual meeting 2017. San Diego
- Anderson C, Jacobson GM, Bhatia S, Buatti JM. Book Review: Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology (4th edition) Edited: Arthur T. Skarin. Accepted April 2011. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics.
- Jacobson GM. Evolving concepts in the management of carcinoma of the vulva. In: Tobias JS, Thomas PRM, editors. Current Radiation Oncology. Vol 3. 1 ed. London: Arnold Publishers; 1996.
- Curley B, Hazard H, Jacobson GM, Abraham J. Breast cancer. In The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Oncology, 4th Ed. Abraham J, Gulley JL, Allegra CJ, eds. 2012
- Jacobson GM. Radiation Therapy: Concepts and Modalities. In: Textbook of General Surgical Oncology. Editors: Shawn Morita, Charles M. Balch, et al. McGraw Hill 2017
- Jacobson GM, Stone J, OCRME, Teaching VCD, Brachytherapy: placement of low dose rate tandem and ovoids. 2005
Areas of Research Interest and Current Projects
- Image guided radiation for breast and gynecologic malignancies
- Strategies to reduce acute and chronic effects of radiation
- Image-based gynecologic high dose rate brachytherapy using 3-T MRI
- Evaluation of MRI based imaging for identification of lumpectomy site
- Comparison of CT, ultrasound, and MRI for intact breast planning
- Quality of life following definitive therapy for cervix cancer patients
- FDG PET in stage III breast cancer: prognostic value and utility in radiation treatment planning
2017 - Elected to WVU Faculty Senate
2016 - WVU Cancer Institute Innovation Award
2006-2018 - Best Doctors in America
2015 - ASCO IDEA Mentor of Pedram Fadavi MD of Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
2014 - ASCO IDEA Mentor of Nahla Gafer MD of Khartoum, Sudan
2013 - ASCO IDEA Mentor of Sandra Ndarukwa MD of Zimbabwe
2013 - Fellow American Society of Radiation Oncology (FASTRO)
2013 - US News and World Report Top Doctor
2011-2015 - Castle Connolly Top Doctor
2010 - Guide to America’s Top Oncologists
2010-2011 - Carver College of Medicine Leadership Course
2010 - Fellow American College of Radiology (FACR)
2008-2009 - CIC Academic Leadership Program Fellow, University of Iowa
2003 - Institutional Leadership Development Program, Carver College of Medicine and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
2003 - AAMC Mid-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar, July 2003, Washington, DC
1984-1985 - American Cancer Society Clinical Fellowship
1968 - National Merit Scholarship
Patient Care Information
- Cancer / Oncology
- Radiation Oncology (Cancer)
- Radiation Oncology, American Board of Radiology
Other Speciality Training, Gamma Knife
Cleveland Clinic, 2012
Residency, Radiation Oncology
LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City