3200 MacCorkle Ave. SE
4th Floor CTC
- Curriculum Vitae
- Download CV
- MD, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, 2000
- Mousa AY, Broce M, Campbell J, Nanjundappa A, Stone PA, Abu-Halimah S, Srivastava M, Bates MC, Aburahma AF. Clopidogrel use before renal artery angioplasty with/without stent placement resulted in tertiary procedure risk reduction. J Vasc Surg. 2012 May 3. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22560231.
- AbuRahma AF, Abu-Halimah S, Hass SM, Nanjundappa A, Stone PA, Mousa A, Lough E, Dean LS. Carotid artery stenting outcomes are equivalent to carotid endarterectomy outcomes for patients with post-carotid endarterectomy stenosis. J Vasc Surg. 2010 Nov; 52(5):1180-7. Epub 2010 Aug 8. PubMed PMID: 20692794.
- AbuRahma AF, Abu-Halimah S, Bensenhaver J, Nanjundappa A, Stone PA, Dean LS, Keiffer T, Emmett M, Tarakji M, AbuRahma Z. Primary carotid artery stenting versus carotid artery stenting for post carotid endarterectomy stenosis. J Vasc Surg. 2009 Nov; 50(5):1031-9. Epub 2009 Aug 22. PubMed PMID: 19703753.
- AbuRahma AF, Abu-Halimah S, Bensenhaver J, Dean LS, Keiffer T, Emmett M, Flaherty S. Optimal carotid duplex velocity criteria for defining the severity of carotid in-stent restenosis. J Vasc Surg. 2008 Sep; 48(3):589-94. Epub 2008 Jun 30. PubMed PMID: 18586444.
- AbuRahma AF, Stone PA, Abu-Halimah S, Welch CA. Natural history of carotid artery occlusion contralateral to carotid endarterectomy. J Vasc Surg. 2006 Jul; 44(1):62-6. PubMed PMID: 16828427.
- AbuRahma AF, Hayes JD, Deel JT, Abu-Halimah S, Mullins BB, Habib JH, Welch CA, AbuRahma Z. Complications of diagnostic carotid/cerebral arteriography when performed by a vascular surgeon. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2006 May-Jun; 40(3):189-95. PubMed PMID: 16703206.
- Abu-Halimah S, Farber MA. Approach to the Management of Thoracic and Thoracoabdominal Aneurysms, Chapter 13, In: MANUAL OF VASCULAR DISEASES, 2nd Edition: Rajagopalan S, Dean SM, Mohler ER, Mukherjee D,(eds)Lippincott 2012
- Abu-Halimah S, Marston WA. Plethysmographic Techniques in the Diagnosis of Venous Disease, Chapter 37, In: Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis, 3rd Edition: A Practical Guide to Therapy, AbuRahma AF, Bandyk DF, (Eds) Springer, New York, in press.
Presentations and Research Experience:
- Primary CAS vs. CAS for Post-CEA Restenosis: Early & Late outcomes. AbuRahma AF, Abu-Halimah S -presented at ACS meeting, WV chapter, 5/2009 -accepted for poster presentation at SVS meeting 2009, Denver
- Portal Vein and Superior Mesenteric Vein Thrombosis After traumatic splenectomy. Shadi Abu-Halimah, M.D. Michael Hall, MD- presented at ACS meeting, WV chapter, 5/2009 And won the 3rd place award
- Parastomal Squamous cell carcinoma as an unusual late complication of ileostomy. Case report. Shadi Abu-Halimah, M.D. James A Lohan, M.D.-presented at The Research Day, WVU/CAMC 4/2009 And won the 3rd place
- Incidental Appendicitis post CABG with failed conservative management. Case report. Shadi J. Abu-Halimah- presented at The Research Day, WVU/CAMC 4/2005
- Septic shock secondary to intra-Abdominal clostridium perfringens infection. Case series .Shadi J. Abu-Halimah - presented at The Research Day, WVU/CAMC 4/2005
- Optimal carotid duplex velocity criteria for defining the severity of carotid in-stent restenosis. AbuRahma AF, Abu-Halimah S presented at The Research Day, WVU/CAMC 4/2008
- Mesenteric Ischemia, diagnosis and Management. Shadi J Abu-Halimah Presented at Endovascular Therapies conference, Pinehurst, NC 10/2010
- Trans-septal renal preservation during Endovascular exclusion of a chronic aortic dissection. Shadi J Abu-Halimah. Presented at SAVS meeting, Naples, Florida 01/2011
- 6/2001 USMLE step 1: pass
- 10/2002 USMLE STEP2: pass
- 11/2002 CSA exam: pass
- 4/2007 USMLE step 3: pass
- 1/2003 ECFMG permanently certified
- 8/2009 American College of Surgery Qualifying Exam: Pass
- 11/2010 American College of Surgery Certifying Exam: Pass
- 09/2011 Vascular surgery boards Qualifying exam: Pass
- 05/2012 Vascular surgery boards Certifying exam: Pass
Patient Care Information
- Vascular Surgery
- Vascular Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Residency, General Surgery Residency
Ministry of Health Hospitals, Amman, Jordan, 2003
Residency, General Surgery Residency
WVU Charleston/CAMC, 2009
Fellowship, Vascular Surgery Fellowship
University of North Carolina Hospitals, 2011