Lori A Sherlock
West Virginia University,
Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV,
I am responsible for the courses and training in Aquatic Therapy.
I also organize the Exercise Physiology Club.
Positions and Employment:
- Assistant Professor & Aquatic Therapy Coordinator - Division of Exercise Physiology at West Virginia University. (July 2004 - Present).
- Clinical Instructor - Aquatics & Aquatics Director - School of Physical Education at West Virginia University. (August 2001 - June 2004).
- Aquatics Coordinator - National Youth and Sports Program, West Virginia University ( June 2002-July 2002).
- Aquatic Therapist- Aquatic Therapy Department - HealthSouth MountainView Regional Rehabilitation Hospital. (January 1998 - January 2001)
Other Experience & Professional Membership:
- Member of the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), 2001 - Present
- Member of the Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Industry (ATRI), 2003 - Present
- Member of the Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA), 2003-Present
- Member of the American Council on Exercise (ACE), 2002 - Present
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.)
- Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute Certified (A.T.R.I.C.)
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor - American Council on Exercise (A.C.E.)
- Aquatic Exercise Instructor - Aquatic Exercise Association (A.E.A.)
- Certified Pool Operator - National Swimming Pool Foundation
- Lifeguard Instructor Trainer - American Red Cross
- Certified Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant - American Council on Exercise (A.C.E.)
- Certified Mom's In Motion Instructor - Sara's City
- SCUBA Certified - PADI
- CPR & First Aid For the Professional Rescuer Instructor Trainer - American Red Cross
- Arthritis Foundation YMCA Aquatics Program Instructor Trainer
- Arthritis Foundation YMCA Aquatic Program Deep Water Instructor Trainer
- Arthritis Foundation YMCA Aquatic Program Juvenile Arthritis Instructor Trainer
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer - American Red Cross
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified - American Heart Association (A.H.A.)
- Ai Chi Practitioner - ATRI
Honors & Activities:
- Presenter for the International Aquatic Fitness Association
- Board Member of the American Red Cross Mountain Laurel Chapter
- Advisory Board member for the Aquatic Exercise Association
- Advisory Board member for SteppingStones of Morgantown
- Presenter for the WV Aging State Conference
- Presenter for the National Strength & Conditioning Association State Meeting
- Presenter for the Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation Industry National Symposium (August 2004)
- Presenter for Project Enrich: A Monongalia County Schools Teacher Education Event
- Exercise Physiology Club Advisor
- Exercise Physiology Alumni Association President
- Sherlock, L.A., Freshour, N. Nutrition for the Aquatic Fitness Professional Chapter. Aquatic Exercise Association Professional Manual. 2010.
- Sherlock, LA (2012). Speedo PACE Club online and mobile application for Aqua Aerobics. http://paceclub.speedousa.com/training/training_categories/aqua-aerobics
- Sherlock LA, The Total Package. AKWA April/May 2012: 15-16.
- Sherlock LA (2012). No Fitness Member Left Behind: working with Orthopedic Considerations. AKWA: February/March 14-15.
- Sherlock LA, From the Parking Lot to the Pool. AKWA December/January 2010: 31-33.
- Sherlock L. Balancing Act. AKWA Aug/Sept 2011: 13-14.
- Chetlin, R., Wheeler, S., Crane, S., Woody, C., Sherlock, L.A (2010). The Effects of Combined Aquatic and Occupational Therapy in Stroke Patients: A Retrospective Study. International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education: 422-431.
- Sherlock L. Splash & Dash: A Splash of Vertical and a Dash of Horizontal. AKWA Feb/March 2011: 29-30.
- Sherlock, L. Fitness tips for 2011. AKWA Dec/Jan 2011: 2.
- Sherlock L. The Next Generation: Targeting our Youth. AKWA April/May 2011: 4-6.
- Sherlock L. Deep Water Speed & Strength Training. AKWA June/July 2011: 9-10.
- Sherlock L. It’s Not Your Workout: Do’s and Don’ts for successful group fitness instruction. AKWA October/November 2011: 6-7.
- Sherlock, L.A. Research Revelations: How to read and understand a research article. AKWA. 22:5 February/March 2009.
- Distinguished Teacher Award, WVU School of Medicine (2009)
- Outstanding Faculty Golden Apple Award (2008)